+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for USA

ash_b

Oct 5, 2015
I want to ship the docs to FBI for PCC in U.S.A (called "Identity History Summary Checks")

On their website, they have provided us with the below guidance -

"Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

Could someone please explain what is accepted & what's not? What would be the fastest, secure & less expensive way to get this shipped?

Thanks!

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
ash_b said:
I want to ship the docs to FBI for PCC in U.S.A (called "Identity History Summary Checks")

"Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process." I think this refers to the return mail after they have finished your BG check. They will only send it via their standard shipping and will not send it in the prepaid Priority Mail etc if you provide them with one.

Could someone please explain what is accepted & what's not? What would be the fastest, secure & less expensive way to get this shipped?
This depends on where you are located and your status in the US. If you are a permanent resident or citizen of the US, you can get the PCC much faster. Contact your local post office or courier services for shipping details.

Thanks!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
ash_b said:

"Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

Thanks!
Try to use a dependable courier company if you are outside USA. Fedex, DHL, UPS are such companies. It will be expensive but they will provide you with a tracking number and trust me, that will be really helpful.

neha986

Dec 26, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
ash_b,

If you are not in India right now and have only 3 months to submit your documents, there is a much faster way to get PCC from US.
internationalfingerprinting.com

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
neha986 said:
ash_b,

If you are not in India right now and have only 3 months to submit your documents, there is a much faster way to get PCC from US.
internationalfingerprinting.com
That service is bogus. You cannot get it fast unless you are a US citizen or GC holder.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Yes - just called their helpline - they are opening packets received on 6th March as of today and processing requests from the 2nd.

So even if you send today, you can have it processed within 60 days. You can give any US address if you have a friend for faster delivery of the results.

canadabus

Apr 9, 2017
Can you please tell me from where did you get the fingerprints card done?

The website says required as per >> standard fingerprint form (FD-258).

Appreciate reply.

Thanks.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Where are you based? I am in the US and got it done from the local county sheriff's office. They do this for USD 10 and print it directly on the card which can be shipped to FBI.

If you are in India, google and see - many services are coming up. They will have the FD-258 fingerprint card. Just get the fingerprints from them and ship it to FBI on your own. Am unable to post links but Google for your city and you can find it. Worst case, print the card from FBI wesbite on stock paper (the one used for visiting cards) and ask if your local police station can help put the prints. Please take multiple sets if possible since they will reject it if it's not clear and you will have to start again.

Hope this helps.

ash_b

Oct 5, 2015
I am in the U.S. & got the fingerprinting done from a local company. They provided me with the FD-258 card.

neha986

Dec 26, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
Give me few more days, if my results are appropriate, then I will share details. So that nobody is at loss.

neha986

Dec 26, 2016
India
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
Yes, and there is no harm in that. This is a flaw in the process that we need to provide docs in 3 months and FBI is taking more that 3 months to provide the report to people outside US.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
neha986 said:
Yes, and there is no harm in that. This is a flaw in the process that we need to provide docs in 3 months and FBI is taking more that 3 months to provide the report to people outside US.
How about it is illegal to get it from them? Still no harm?

FYI, FBI is taking at max 60 days to issue the report. And these 60 days include delivery time too.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
neha986 said:
Flaw in the process? You should be thankful that they extended the eAPR duration to 3 months which was only 60 days before and like Maverick28 said it takes around 2 months now to get FBI PCC even outside US.