+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC for Remote workers

Mar 17, 2023
Good day all, I recently got my ITA and in my work history, I had to specify the location of my company. The issue with that is, my company is in Germany and I work remotely from another country. I've never been to Germany. When I reach the document upload section, it is required to provide a police clearance certificate for Germany, which I cannot, since i work fully remotely.

Any ideas on how to go about this will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Good day all, I recently got my ITA and in my work history, I had to specify the location of my company. The issue with that is, my company is in Germany and I work remotely from another country. I've never been to Germany. When I reach the document upload section, it is required to provide a police clearance certificate for Germany, which I cannot, since i work fully remotely.

You are a contractor to the company, right? You work from your home country, not your employer's country. You are self employed in this case. Provide proof supporting self employment.

kelvin2023

Dec 11, 2023

Hi, I'm currently in this exact situation. Please what exactly did you do to address this and how did it work out? Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, I have the same situation. Can you help me please what you uploaded in this section?
Sorry not the OP but you need to mention in the address the physical address and remote job next to the Full time/ part time...

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
Sorry not the OP but you need to mention in the address the physical address and remote job next to the Full time/ part time...
Hello! Thank you for the response. What do you mean? I had a remote work but I did not live in the country where my employer was based now in upload section, it’s asking me to upload the police check from the country.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
No worries...
What I mean is you would have mentioned your company's actual address although you have been working for them from your own country....
That's why the PCC of said country is been asked, so you need to change it to remote work so that PCC is not asked.

amt123

Sep 7, 2023
No worries...
What I mean is you would have mentioned your company's actual address although you have been working for them from your own country....
That's why the PCC of said country is been asked, so you need to change it to remote work so that PCC is not asked.
I got your point but I am not sure if I should put the country where I lived during the time of employment. The ee form says input the: Employer/ company name then next is the country/ territory.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I got your point but I am not sure if I should put the country where I lived during the time of employment. The ee form says input the: Employer/ company name then next is the country/ territory.
In country/territory you need to put your physical address....not your company's address....

pranayT

Jan 19, 2024
Hi guys,
I have one question regarding my PCC. I got my PCC returned because my passport address and my current address didn't match. They need supporting document and I already have that.

My question is, Do I need to fill new form or I need to submit submit my supporting document with old form. Please advice me.