App. Filed.......
29 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
29 FEB 2016
Med's Done....
19 FEB 2016
Passport Req..
05 OCT 2016
Do u guys know how much time does San Francisco embassy of India takes to provide PCC Certificate

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I think normally, most Indian consulates issue it relatively quickly, within a month.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
It's best to contact the concerned embassy or their outsourced agency to find out how much time is required to issue the PCC.
Note that you need to submit your passport along with your PCC application to the Embassy.

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Hi,

I submitted all the documents including passport via mail. The documents reached the consulate on Jan 25th 2016.

I haven't been able to find out the status of the application , not even acknowledgement that they have received the application. Since I mailed my passport with the application, I am a little worried.

I've sent an e-mail but I did not get any response yet. Is there any way to contact the consulate to know the status of my application ?

Thanks,
Krishna

sraj07

May 26, 2015
hi guys ,

I got my indian pcc from Atlanta consulate in 1 week ..
Maximum you should get it in 2 weeks or worst case within a month .

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Were you able to contact the embassy after you have sent the document.

Did they send the package back in a return envelope you have provided? It's been a week now and I have no acknowledgement that they received the package.

Thanks,
Krishna

sraj07

May 26, 2015
yes I called Atlanta consulate 2 days after the courier is delivered to them, they said PCC is ready and will be couried next day .
As they said they couriered it in the same return fedex envelope which I sent in my original courier .

Donot worry , sometime it takes two weeks also .. But call the embassy and check once .

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Thanks, I received my PCC a few days back.

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Thanks, I received my PCC a few days back.
I received my PCC from San Francisco embassy, but it's black and white and has no picture. Also I can not find any stamp in the passport that says PCC issued.
Is this normal?

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I received my PCC from San Francisco embassy, but it's black and white and has no picture. Also I can not find any stamp in the passport that says PCC issued.
Is this normal?
Hello , I am trying to apply for Indian PCC in SFO. I am completing the Personal Particulars form and have a question here:
8a) Permanent address & Tel no. along with Police Station
8b) Present Residential address & Tel no. along with Police Station and residing since

Should we mention the police station name as well in this column , this column looks very small though. Can you share your experience?

satish1947

Aug 3, 2017
Hello Guys,

Should you also get a PCC from your local police station apart from the one you get from your Indian consulate?

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello , I am trying to apply for Indian PCC in SFO. I am completing the Personal Particulars form and have a question here:
8b) Present Residential address & Tel no. along with Police Station and residing since

Should we mention the police station name as well in this column , this column looks very small though. Can you share your experience?
I just scribbled everything in there. I might have shortened it as per my best judgement at that time. These are the US police stations and I thought these fields were mostly irrelevant in weightage for granting you the PCC.

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello Guys,

Should you also get a PCC from your local police station apart from the one you get from your Indian consulate?
NO, dont do that (if you are presently in USA and completing the ITA from here). Do not complicate your case by adding something that is not the requirement. More over there is so much confusion over PCC from Indian police stations regarding formats, as different regions have their own formats.
If you are in India, then get PCC from PSK only, never from police stations cause of the format confusions. There are many rejections cause of incorrect PCCs from Indian police stations.
You need to send your FBI PCC and Indian PCC from Indian consulate, at the very least. You must only add PCC from other countries where you spent around 6 months or more. For these, follow the guidelines on country specific PCC as per the cic website.

Reactions: satish1947

satish1947

Aug 3, 2017
NO, dont do that (if you are presently in USA and completing the ITA from here). Do not complicate your case by adding something that is not the requirement. More over there is so much confusion over PCC from Indian police stations regarding formats, as different regions have their own formats.
If you are in India, then get PCC from PSK only, never from police stations cause of the format confusions. There are many rejections cause of incorrect PCCs from Indian police stations.
You need to send your FBI PCC and Indian PCC from Indian consulate, at the very least. You must only add PCC from other countries where you spent around 6 months or more. For these, follow the guidelines on country specific PCC as per the cic website.

Thank you so much :)

sdhillon

Jun 28, 2017

Hello Kumar,

I am in the same boat and trying to figure out what address should we fill and what would be the police station's number (USA or INDIA) ?
For 8. a) I assume this would be back home India's address and Police stations address and phone number.
For 8. b) I assume it would be USA's my current address and Police station address of near by with Phone Number.

Am I Correct? Please help. Thank You