+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment query

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,

I have uploaded all my documents after ITA and am trying to make the payment using my mastercard debit card. However, I am receiving an error stating that the transaction is not approved. Resp code message is 481- declined.

Any idea what the issue is or what needs to be done now ?

Thanks

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
singhkartik3 said:
Hi,

I have uploaded all my documents after ITA and am trying to make the payment using my mastercard debit card. However, I am receiving an error stating that the transaction is not approved. Resp code message is 481- declined.

Any idea what the issue is or what needs to be done now ?

Thanks
The system accepts Credit Cards only.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
CanadaWeCome said:
The system accepts Credit Cards only.
Not true. Numerous people have paid using a debit MasterCard/Visa.

Some banks have limits on what you spend on your card. Have you checked to make sure the limit isn't lower than what you're trying to pay? You may need to call your bank to have them raise it.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
mgnlky said:

Some banks have limits on what you spend on your card. Have you checked to make sure the limit isn't lower than what you're trying to pay? You may need to call your bank to have them raise it.
Good to know that.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
mgnlky said:

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the bank executive and they informed that I have to enable my card for international transactions.

manas003

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the bank executive and they informed that I have to enable my card for international transactions.
Hi,
Did it work after enabling your card, or you found some other way to fix this issue.
I am getting the same message while using my 'visa credit card', even tried multiple times by thinking their server might be down . no change :-(
Any advise? Thanks.

Farhan66

Aug 19, 2019
Aoa guys i have completed all my documents for PR application. But now i am getting this 481 Declined error during payment. I have used 5 different debit cards but every time I am getting same error. Anybody who has been through this situation kindly guide me. I need to submit the payment immediately as the fees are going to increase from 30th April. Thanks.

Shawnik

Oct 1, 2021
Hello,

I have uploaded all my documents and am trying to make the payment using my Visa debit card linked to my First Bank domiciliary account in Nigeria. However, I am receiving an error stating that the transaction is not approved. Resp code message is 481- declined.

Any idea what the issue is or what needs to be done now ? Please I need help

Thanks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

I have uploaded all my documents and am trying to make the payment using my Visa debit card linked to my First Bank domiciliary account in Nigeria. However, I am receiving an error stating that the transaction is not approved. Resp code message is 481- declined.

Thanks
May be the international transactions is not enabled on your card. check with your bank.

Shawnik

Oct 1, 2021
May be the international transactions is not enabled on your card. check with your bank.
Thanks for the help, I contacted my bank to enable the card for international transactions and the bank contacted me back that they have enabled it, now this is the message(Resp Code - Message: 481 - System decline) that am getting now.

Please I really need help now.

Thanks in advance

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for the help, I contacted my bank to enable the card for international transactions and the bank contacted me back that they have enabled it, now this is the message(Resp Code - Message: 481 - System decline) that am getting now.

Please I really need help now.

Thanks in advance
Well, did you check the limit?

If still doesn't work, try other cards.

Pyrexezenro

Jan 28, 2022
Hello,

Thanks
Hello bro, I am also applying from Nigeria and am currently facing the same issue. I have tried all my atm debit card but to no avail. Pls how did you get your own resolved? I really need your help on this, it's urgent