+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Payment method (which is best?)

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hi guys,

According to your experience which method of payment is best you think?

Please share your thoughts here...

Thanks,
exp7

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you see in the spreadsheets most people use Credit cards. I personally used my credit card as well.

It's really up to you, but there are many factors that can help you decide.

- How soon does your CC expire?
- do you always reach the limit of you credit card monthly?

Those are 2 I can think of. maybe more experienced members can put their 2 cents here as well

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
exp7 said:
Hi guys,

According to your experience which method of payment is best you think?

Please share your thoughts here...

Thanks,
exp7
Money Order (or Bank Draft) is the safest method. To many people on this forum complained about lost/stolen/refused/compromised credit card which causes the application to be returned. Now if you are going to send the application before Express Entry starts and the application is returned, you probably wouldn't get another chance to send it under current system.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
pfse said:
Money Order (or Bank Draft) is the safest method. To many people on this forum complained about lost/stolen/refused/compromised credit card which causes the application to be returned. Now if you are going to send the application before Express Entry starts and the application is returned, you probably wouldn't get another chance to send it under current system.
Second that , I used Credit Card but you never know.

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts...

As I understand credit card is easier method (just fill the numbers in the payment form, and you do not need to go to the bank, and you provide less work for them) but it may cause issues due to unexpected things could happen.

hmmm....

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
exp7 said:
Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts...

As I understand credit card is easier method (just fill the numbers in the payment form, and you do not need to go to the bank, and you provide less work for them) but it may cause issues due to unexpected things could happen.

hmmm....
Bank draft just takes 20 mins of your time to visit the branch but it surely is most safest... we never know if our credit cards are lost or compromised. so to protect yourself from unforeseen incident its better to use bank draft.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
My vote for bank draft because it is safe and no need to worry what in CC blocked . blah blah

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Yeah bank draft is the way to go. I also personally used credit card and it could of cost me months had it been stolen or lost.