+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paying RPRF fee in CAD frm with in Canada to NewDelhi

vcheru

Dec 15, 2013
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here.. I have applied to NDVO in FSW2 cat and now they asked me for MR,PP and RPRF request. Have following questions, really appreciate, your advice

1) As I am already in Canada, I assume, only way to send passport to Delhi is via some friend/relative. Let me know, if any other way to send passports via VFS or etc ?

2) for paying RPRF : Can i pay 2x $490 ( self + spouse) via bank draft from any Canadian bank ? ( ex: Scotia /TD) in favor of 'Receiver general for canada' ? I am confused with 'payable at New delhi' - do I need to check with local/canada bank - or ask for it to be made payable at new delhi/ india

Thanks for your advice in advance ..

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vcheru said:
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here.. I have applied to NDVO in FSW2 cat and now they asked me for MR,PP and RPRF request. Have following questions, really appreciate, your advice

1) As I am already in Canada, I assume, only way to send passport to Delhi is via some friend/relative. Let me know, if any other way to send passports via VFS or etc ?

2) for paying RPRF : Can i pay 2x $490 ( self + spouse) via bank draft from any Canadian bank ? ( ex: Scotia /TD) in favor of 'Receiver general for canada' ? I am confused with 'payable at New delhi' - do I need to check with local/canada bank - or ask for it to be made payable at new delhi/ india

Thanks for your advice in advance ..
1.Use VFS , most reliable source...... Many use it globally....
2. Use State bank if India, Toronto, Vancouver or other cities wherever you are in Canada....... Which can be encase he'd easily without any hassles.....besides....., take DD in favor of whomever name they asked you to do so.........guess.... You have all details in your mail...

Cheers :)

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>> There is no other way.

>>You have to tell your bank( scotia/TD) in Canada that the draft should be payable at New Delhi, and they would write it on the bankers cheque/ draft. (2x CAD490) OR you can make 1 draft of CAD980

vcheru

Dec 15, 2013
Thanks Guys. I tried to ask Scotiabank guys about draft payable at Delhi, and they were not so sure about it.

Has anyone took bank draft from within Canada, share their experience/details ?

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Fellas,

Converting INR to CAD can be taxing with nationalised and private banks in India.

The URL below make is it clear that you can pay in INR

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

The excerpt from the URL above is quoted here:

Payment of Fees

Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi.

Points to note:
1) Primary and dependent applicants must pay RPRF fee of Rs. 28,900/- each. Children below 18 years need not pay RPRF.
2) Mention passport number and UCI number of applicants whose fees are included in the DD.
3) If there are 2 of you (self n spouse), you can create a DD for both in a single DD. So you can create 1 DD with 28,900+28,900 = 57,800

star09

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
1st January2013
Passport Req..
16th March2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th April2014
LANDED..........
30th May2014
sinestra said:
Fellas,

Converting INR to CAD can be taxing with nationalised and private banks in India.

The URL below make is it clear that you can pay in INR

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

The excerpt from the URL above is quoted here:

Payment of Fees

Fees are payable in Canadian dollars or Indian Rupees. Only bank drafts (demand drafts) or certified cheques are accepted; cash is not accepted for fee payment. The bank draft should be made for the exact amount and in favour of "Canadian High Commission" or "Receiver General for Canada" payable at New Delhi.

Points to note:
1) Primary and dependent applicants must pay RPRF fee of Rs. 28,900/- each. Children below 18 years need not pay RPRF.
2) Mention passport number and UCI number of applicants whose fees are included in the DD.
3) If there are 2 of you (self n spouse), you can create a DD for both in a single DD. So you can create 1 DD with 28,900+28,900 = 57,800
How do I send the draft to Delhi visa office as I am in Canada??? thank you for your help.