April 10, 2012
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
Paying the fees for the spousal sponsorship applications

is it better to pay all at once?

What exactly is the payment? On the website it says a bunch of them

Applications for visas and permits (Canadian dollars)

Sponsorship application (per application)
$75
Principal applicant
$475

and then:

Fees for applications to remain in Canada as a permanent resident (Canadian dollars)

$75
Principal applicant
$475

So are these all the fees that I will be looking at? Totaling: $1,100 ?

And should I pay this 1,100 all at once when I send in my application? Will it be faster if i pay it all at once?

Saffy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
August 29, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
he has no dependents or children or anything like that by the way...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Saffy said:
Paying the fees for the spousal sponsorship applications

is it better to pay all at once?

What exactly is the payment? On the website it says a bunch of them

Applications for visas and permits (Canadian dollars)

$75
Principal applicant
$475

and then:

Fees for applications to remain in Canada as a permanent resident (Canadian dollars)

$75
Principal applicant
$475

So are these all the fees that I will be looking at? Totaling: $1,100 ?

And should I pay this 1,100 all at once when I send in my application? Will it be faster if i pay it all at once?
If you are paying for your spouse with NO dependents, the fee is $550.00. Then there is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 If you pay that with the application, it saves at least of month of processing time.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
No, you might be confused.

Applications for visas and permits (Canadian dollars) are for spouses who are not currently in Canada

Fees for applications to remain in Canada as a permanent resident (Canadian dollars) are for spouses who are currently in Canada.

You have to pay fees in one of the category. Other than that, you (technically, your spouse) would also have to pay what is called "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" of $490

Use this link to calculate what is applicable to you.
https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/efee/efee.do

Saffy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
August 29, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
OK and can i pay this online by mastercard on the website? If so, where is the page where one pays?

and do I pay it the same day that I mail out all the forms?

astroduck

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Saffy said:
OK and can i pay this online by mastercard on the website? If so, where is the page where one pays?

and do I pay it the same day that I mail out all the forms?
Yes you can pay it by Mastercard or Visa (I think AMEX might be accepted as well).
As for paying fees, you basically have 2 different options: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

1. Paying Online - https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en (Most preferred method)

2. If you want to pay it through a financial institution, you will need to order a form called IMM5401 through CIC. it takes about 2 weeks on average - https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

Hope this helps.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
astroduck said:
Yes you can pay it by Mastercard or Visa (I think AMEX might be accepted as well).
As for paying fees, you basically have 2 different options: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

1. Paying Online - https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en (Most preferred method)

2. If you want to pay it through a financial institution, you will need to order a form called IMM5401 through CIC. it takes about 2 weeks on average - https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en
In addition to what astroduck mentioned, you can pay it anytime before you mail the application. This is because, you need to print a receipt and manually enter your/your spouse details on it and include the same with your forms. In your covering letter, mention that you have paid the necessary fees and have included the receipts. You can pay the RPR fee at a later time, but that may delay your application. If you have funds available, I would recommend you pay all the fees upfront.

astroduck

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
sakamath said:
In addition to what astroduck mentioned, you can pay it anytime before you mail the application. This is because, you need to print a receipt and manually enter your/your spouse details on it and include the same with your forms. In your covering letter, mention that you have paid the necessary fees and have included the receipts. You can pay the RPR fee at a later time, but that may delay your application. If you have funds available, I would recommend you pay all the fees upfront.
Hey Sakamath - I have heard that you only need to enter the payer's (could be the sponsor or person being sponsored) name on the receipt (IMM 5401). can you confirm?

Thanks.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Irrespective of who pays, to me it seems logical to mention the name of the applicant's (in most cases the sponsor) name. The reason being, CIC needs to connect the payment to an application. Since the first application is that of the sponsor, the name on the form can be directly matched with the name on the receipt. If you already have a Client ID (if you were a PR once, then you should have this), it is advisable to add this info too.

mzfar

Feb 17, 2012
Yes! make sure you pay the sponsor applicant, resident status principal applicant and the right of permanent residence fee. I didnt know about the RPRF fee before and this delayed my application for a good month and a half.. dont hesitate... all of the fees i believe are refundable exept one charge that i cant remeber right now. whatever the case is do pay everything one shot online if you can, mastercard or visa. This will give you a receipt which you can print anytime and send it whenever youre ready to mail the application.