+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Past "normal" time after medical results

pegleg85

Jan 26, 2017
Hello!

I live in QC and after gaining my CSQ, I applied for PR right away. My application was received in April, and then opened in May 2016. After that, things went surprisingly quickly! I was contacted in September to get my medicals done, within a few weeks my CIC was updated to "medical results received," and then maybe two weeks after that I was contacted to pay the RPRF. I paid it and emailed the receipt like it asked me to do. Here are my two questions if anyone had insight:

1. Nothing was ever added to my CIC indicating that I paid the RPRF. Is there normally a line that says something like "RPRF received"? If so, what does it say and should I be submitting anything else besides the receipt electronically?

2. It's been almost 5 months since my "medical results received" showed up. I was never contacted by my panel physician and have had no recent health problems (even had a check up in August that came back normal!). This one is making me nervous, as everywhere online says that it takes longer than three months to process medicals when there's a health problem involved! What should I do? Is it worth trying to contact the doctor's office I saw?

I really want that PPR to come in! Just for the record, when my application was opened, the wait time was at 14 months and then downgraded to 13 months. So it hasn't even been a year since my application has been open, I just am concerned about the wait since medicals.

Thanks so much, good luck and positive vibes to everyone out here!!

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
pegleg85 said:
Hello!

I live in QC and after gaining my CSQ, I applied for PR right away. My application was received in April, and then opened in May 2016. After that, things went surprisingly quickly! I was contacted in September to get my medicals done, within a few weeks my CIC was updated to "medical results received," and then maybe two weeks after that I was contacted to pay the RPRF. I paid it and emailed the receipt like it asked me to do. Here are my two questions if anyone had insight:

1. Nothing was ever added to my CIC indicating that I paid the RPRF. Is there normally a line that says something like "RPRF received"? If so, what does it say and should I be submitting anything else besides the receipt electronically?

2. It's been almost 5 months since my "medical results received" showed up. I was never contacted by my panel physician and have had no recent health problems (even had a check up in August that came back normal!). This one is making me nervous, as everywhere online says that it takes longer than three months to process medicals when there's a health problem involved! What should I do? Is it worth trying to contact the doctor's office I saw?

I really want that PPR to come in! Just for the record, when my application was opened, the wait time was at 14 months and then downgraded to 13 months. So it hasn't even been a year since my application has been open, I just am concerned about the wait since medicals.

Thanks so much, good luck and positive vibes to everyone out here!!
1. First of all, CIC doesn't update anything regarding RPRF. If you have received the receipt for RPRF, you have paid the fee, and there is nothing to worry about that.
2. About the medicals, my research says that it requires 4-6 months for Passport Request Letter, after the medicals. In my case it was 4 months. Secondly, if you haven't heard from your panel physician, then your medical is clear and calling your doctor wouldn't be beneficial.

If your application has passed the normal processing times mentioned in the cic.gc.ca website, then you may email your immigration officer about it.

brokenarrow

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
I am in the same situation as you, I applied in March and got medical request in May 2016( so fast) and since then after almost 9 months i did not hear anything from CIC.
I don't know what is happening and my medical will expire soon, as i can see their priority is Express Entry and Inland Applicant. it is a frustration and i am tired from waiting and wasting money.

umar32085 said:
1. First of all, CIC doesn't update anything regarding RPRF. If you have received the receipt for RPRF, you have paid the fee, and there is nothing to worry about that.
2. About the medicals, my research says that it requires 4-6 months for Passport Request Letter, after the medicals. In my case it was 4 months. Secondly, if you haven't heard from your panel physician, then your medical is clear and calling your doctor wouldn't be beneficial.

If your application has passed the normal processing times mentioned in the cic.gc.ca website, then you may email your immigration officer about it.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
brokenarrow said:
I am in the same situation as you, I applied in March and got medical request in May 2016( so fast) and since then after almost 9 months i did not hear anything from CIC.
I don't know what is happening and my medical will expire soon, as i can see their priority is Express Entry and Inland Applicant. it is a frustration and i am tired from waiting and wasting money.
There's no need to get frustrated :) If you have cleared your medicals, you will soon hear from CIC. Its just a matter of time :)

es

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Roma
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
september 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 20.01.2016
AOR Received.
25.01.2012 federal AOR 25.04.2016
IELTS Request
IELTS Tef-aq sent B2
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
When God has decided!
Hi any news here
I am in the same boat as you 6 months since i have made my medicals
my timeline in signature below

brokenarrow

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hello Umar,
medical cleared from last May, the visa is hooked up with the medicals and i don't want to be rushed to leave everything and travel like crazy because of the remaining time.
I hope that will hear something soon.

umar32085 said:
There's no need to get frustrated :) If you have cleared your medicals, you will soon hear from CIC. Its just a matter of time :)

shahr Yaar

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
2232-Mechanical Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
02-04-2015
Med's Request
18-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
I invite you all to join our PPR waiting whatsapp group.

Come and join our whatsapp group by clicking on following link in your whatsapp:-

https://chat.whatsapp.com/AbuxY9ZMTlfB3p8ctTH3vH

we all are waiting for ppr for long time after completing medicals. We all are in the same boat and let us share why we are being delayed in issuing of PPR and visas and COPR.

Nick20099

Nov 26, 2016
I have the same situation ,done my medical before 5 month back and result showing pass
Also paid my landing fee and submitted my additional docs like my bio page of pp and hieght and eye colour details
last mont i sent inquirey email to CIC
They replied your routine BG checks remain on going,we will contact u as soon as
what does mean

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Nick20099 said:
I have the same situation ,done my medical before 5 month back and result showing pass
Also paid my landing fee and submitted my additional docs like my bio page of pp and hieght and eye colour details
They replied your routine BG checks remain on going,we will contact u as soon as
what does mean
Nick,

It means they are still doing your Background check. what was your travel history? Were you a frequent traveller ? Also did you pull out GCMS notes ? What did they say ?

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
Nick20099 said:
what does mean
What's the location of your file?

Anything you find specific in notes section?

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
shazfa said:
Nick,

It means they are still doing your Background check. what was your travel history? Were you a frequent traveller ? Also did you pull out GCMS notes ? What did they say ?
Frequent traveler is not an issue. Hope you have submitted your updated PCC if the previous one is expired.

Nick20099

Nov 26, 2016
My file location is in London
I am not frequent traveler
i visited several time to UK couple of years back

I did not apply any notes yet
because i spoke to very expert lawyer of Canadian immegration
he said dont worry, it takes time in few cases,
he said if they did not contact u yet it means every thing is right,if some thing wrong they contact and ask for
additional documents
What u suggest guys

brokenarrow

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
can you please provide your timeline.

Nick20099 said:
My file location is in London
I am not frequent traveler
i visited several time to UK couple of years back

I did not apply any notes yet
because i spoke to very expert lawyer of Canadian immegration
he said dont worry, it takes time in few cases,
he said if they did not contact u yet it means every thing is right,if some thing wrong they contact and ask for
additional documents
What u suggest guys

Nick20099

Nov 26, 2016
Here is my time line.
1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 3, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Aug 2, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on Aug 18, 2016.
4.Got request for PRPF fee and bio copy of passport with medical request and done the same day
5.Medical results have been received. (I got medical request on Aug 22,16 and made 5 Sep, 2016)
And I checked my CIC on Oct,19,2016, the Background changed to "in progress".

since waiting my ppr

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Nick20099 said:
Here is my time line.
1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 3, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Aug 2, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on Aug 18, 2016.
4.Got request for PRPF fee and bio copy of passport with medical request and done the same day
5.Medical results have been received. (I got medical request on Aug 22,16 and made 5 Sep, 2016)
And I checked my CIC on Oct,19,2016, the Background changed to "in progress".

since waiting my ppr
Are you a EE applicant ?