+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Sep 2017

jasmeet74

Sep 18, 2017
My passports were received by CPC on September 5th.
I called CIC on September 21st and agent said that he sent a reminder request to CPC Ottawa.

This morning I got an e-mail from CPC.CTD@... saying that we have lot of application intake and we are not sure how long it will take to process your passports.Please be patient.

I hope it is just a generic e-mail, and nothing implies that my passports will be processed really late.

Thanks in advance

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Stream: PNP-Inland
PPR Date: Sept 5
Passport Sent Date: Sept 7
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sept 11 (since 9 and 10 were weekend days)
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sept 25
Return Tracker Activated Date: waiting..........................
COPR delivered: waiting...................!!!!!

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Passport delivered :5 sept
Status changed : 21 sept
Tracker activated :22 sept
Passport received : 25 sept ( took three days because the weekend was in the middle)

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Congrats! Just curious to know, if the Application approval is done in your CIC account or an email is sent to notify?
It chAnged in the system on Thursday . I saw it since I check daily , and the following day I got an email.

Passport received : 25 sept ( took three days because the weekend was in the middle)

Reactions: ekramece

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
It chAnged in the system on Thursday . I saw it since I check daily , and the following day I got an email.

Are you inland canada?

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Passport received on 18th September, any idea when i might get approval. Usually is 7-10 days, but i see here people waiting longer.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Stream: BC PNP
PPR Date: Sep 1st
Passport Sent Date: Sep 1st
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sep 7th
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sep 21st
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sep 22nd
COPR delivered: Sep 25th

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hi Chikoo, it was super smooth. My gf and I went to the border with USA on Friday night (in BC), did flag pole on USA side and went back to Canadian side where I gave them our COPR and Passports and that's all they needed. The officer was super nice, it took her about 10 minutes to set everything, she didn't ask any questions, then she explained us how it works with validity, travelling etc. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. There was no line at all but that's because it's not busy border where we were.

Today, I went to get new SIN number which was also super easy. I only had my passport with COPR in it and that's all they needed :) New SIN number will automatically change with CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and now I just need to provide it to my employer and bank.
Oh nice ! I am assuming you are inland candidate. I hope that it is as smooth as you explained for FSW outlands too. I don't see any difference though.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I called CIC on September 21st and agent said that he sent a reminder request to CPC Ottawa.

This morning I got an e-mail from CPC.CTD@... saying that we have lot of application intake and we are not sure how long it will take to process your passports.Please be patient.

I hope it is just a generic e-mail, and nothing implies that my passports will be processed really late.

Thanks in advance
No it's not generic but there is nothing to worry. In general it takes 30 -40 days. I did receive the same email and after 15 days I got the approval email.
Be patient. Good luck!

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017

Thanks in advance
On an average it is estimated to take 25 - 30 days, be patient. Add your case here and track:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
My timeline below:

Stream: FSWO
AOR Date: 08/23/2017
PPR Date: 09/22/2017
Passport Sent Date: 09/25/2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Scheduled for delivery tomorrow

Riddhesh

Jan 13, 2017
Stream: PNP-Inland
PPR Date: Sept 5
Passport Sent Date: Sept 7
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sept 11 (since 9 and 10 were weekend days)
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sept 25
Return Tracker Activated Date: waiting..........................
COPR delivered: waiting...................!!!!!
What time your return envelope tracker activated ?

Riddhesh

Jan 13, 2017
Stream: BC PNP
PPR Date: Sep 1st
Passport Sent Date: Sep 1st
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Sep 7th
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Sep 21st
Return Tracker Activated Date: Sep 22nd
COPR delivered: Sep 25th
What time your return envelope tracker activated?