+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Passports delivered to Ottawa on Nov 7. Approved today. My kids have passports from visa exempt country. My wife and I have Indian passports. I see counterfoil numbers only for my wife and me. Do people from visa exempt countries get counterfoil number?
Looks like counterfoil is only for non Visa exempt countries, I have a similar case. Counterfoil was not updated for my kid.

Hopeoflife

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi
Did your return tracker activated?
I just received an invitation for the telephone landing schedule this Friday, but I haven’t received the CoPR yet. It requests CoPR for the interview, and they assume that I received my CoPR. I don’t know if I can accept the invitation without the letter with me. Any advise?

shyamps

Oct 2, 2016
Heres my timeline:

Stream: FSW Express Entry
PPR Date: 6th Nov 2017
Passport Sent Date: 12th Nov 2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 14th Nov 2017
MYCIC PR Status = Approved: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting

ajayreddyr

Oct 10, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2017
LANDED..........
08-06-2018
Passports delivered to Ottawa on Nov 7. Approved today. My kids have passports from visa exempt country. My wife and I have Indian passports. I see counterfoil numbers only for my wife and me. Do people from visa exempt countries get counterfoil number?
Mine is the same. Delivered to Ottawa on Nov 10th. Did you send only copies of kids' passports? Thanks!

Leo369

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-04-2017
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2017
LANDED..........
12-01-2018
My return tracker is activated yesterday i.e. Dec 5th
Passport delivered to CPC: Nov 8th
Sent for Printing / Started processing: Nov 22nd
Approval in MyCIC: Dec 1st
Return Tracker activated: Dec 5th

All the best - everyone!

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

CITU

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Mine is the same. Delivered to Ottawa on Nov 10th. Did you send only copies of kids' passports? Thanks!
No, I sent their actual passports. Which was likely unnecessary. But, the instruction says that if principle is from a visa-required country, then we need to send passports. When I called IRCC, I was told that it would not be problem. They would send all passports back.

Jagpreetsandhu

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
My return tracker is activated yesterday i.e. Dec 5th
Passport delivered to CPC: Nov 8th
Sent for Printing / Started processing: Nov 22nd
Approval in MyCIC: Dec 1st
Return Tracker activated: Dec 5th

All the best - everyone!
How you know when they send it for printing??

ajayreddyr

Oct 10, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-10-2017
AOR Received.
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2017
LANDED..........
08-06-2018
No, I sent their actual passports. Which was likely unnecessary. But, the instruction says that if principle is from a visa-required country, then we need to send passports. When I called IRCC, I was told that it would not be problem. They would send all passports back.
Thanks. I only sent copies of passports for the kids! Hopefully, it won't be an issue.

Last edited:

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
Guys,

Let me know if someone has the same experience as that of mine.
I couriered the passports on 25th Nov and they were delivered on 27th. However, upon inquiry yesterday, I am told that they have not yet received the passports. I am a US resident having Indian passports. I followed the instructions given in the "Ready for Visa" email and sent it to the below address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

I am worried now because these are legal documents and anything lost would cost us. Did anyone experience the same? Or any suggestions?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Guys,

Let me know if someone has the same experience as that of mine.
I couriered the passports on 25th Nov and they were delivered on 27th. However, upon inquiry yesterday, I am told that they have not yet received the passports. I am a US resident having Indian passports. I followed the instructions given in the "Ready for Visa" email and sent it to the below address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

I am worried now because these are legal documents and anything lost would cost us. Did anyone experience the same? Or any suggestions?
It's OK.

For us Passport Delivery = Date when mail package was delivered by Fedex/UPS to CIC mailing room.
For CIC Passport Receipt = Date when mail is opened and Passport details are entered into system.

Right now CIC is taking around 2 weeks to open packages and until then they cannot confirm receipt of Passports.

Reactions: casiopiabiswas

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
It's OK.

For us Passport Delivery = Date when mail package was delivered by Fedex/UPS to CIC mailing room.
For CIC Passport Receipt = Date when mail is opened and Passport details are entered into system.

Right now CIC is taking around 2 weeks to open packages and until then they cannot confirm receipt of Passports.
Thank you very much! I should hope to get some response probably next week then.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you very much! I should hope to get some response probably next week then.
It's OK.

While we are at it, I see that you and I are in the same position basis your signature. Am I correct? have you gotten any response of late?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
While we are at it, I see that you and I are in the same position basis your signature. Am I correct? have you gotten any response of late?
Not really :) My Passports reached Ottawa on 10th Nov and yours on 27th Nov.

I sent CIC an email on 28th Nov and received this response on 4th Dec

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Reactions: casiopiabiswas

2017applicant

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Not really :) My Passports reached Ottawa on 10th Nov and yours on 27th Nov.

I sent CIC an email on 28th Nov and received this response on 4th Dec

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Mine reached Ottawa on 10th Nov too. Is your application approved? Any updates?