+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017
I sent my passport in on the 13th by Fedex (delivered next day). I was expecting an email or some sort of confirmation from IRCC but I haven't heard anything yet.

How can I confirm that they've received my passport?

I'm based in the US, but I can't seem to reach IRCC by phone. Is there a number I can call to check the status of my application?

Reactions: nsrk

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I sent my passport in on the 13th by Fedex (delivered next day). I was expecting an email or some sort of confirmation from IRCC but I haven't heard anything yet.

How can I confirm that they've received my passport?

I'm based in the US, but I can't seem to reach IRCC by phone. Is there a number I can call to check the status of my application?
You won't get any confirmation of Passport receipt from CIC. For me Fedex tracking shows that it was "Signed for by: H.HAMILTON".

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017
You won't get any confirmation of Passport receipt from CIC. For me Fedex tracking shows that it was "Signed for by: H.HAMILTON".
Cecile signed for mine.

I guess that means they received it, right?

Should I send them an email just in case it gets lost? That way I have proof I sent it in on time.

Also, when do you think I'll hear back from them?

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
For whatever reason, the process has slowed down considerably. Maybe the number of passports submitted to Ottawa are high in November.
Looking at the various posts,we can presume that, the processing / printing is starting , 2 weeks after delivery.
And from then on it is taking another 2 weeks for the return tracker to be activated.

In Oct, it took 3 weeks for the entire process.
Hello everyone,
Passport delivered: Nov 10
i called CPC Ottawa today(Nov 30) and what I heard is making me worry now.
They said, they received my passport but it's still in queue. Not sure when it goes into printing room. Because of plenty applications, their processing times are varying on daily basis instead of monthly.
The estimated time of delivery she told me is December 27.I have my tickets booked on 28 December. Im So worried now.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Cecile signed for mine.

I guess that means they received it, right?

Should I send them an email just in case it gets lost? That way I have proof I sent it in on time.

Also, when do you think I'll hear back from them?
Yes. It means they received it. You can keep a printout of Fedex tracker as proof of on-time delivery.

You can refer to this tracker to guesstimate your timelines:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing/fullscreen

FYI, CIC today approved applications with passport delivery dates between 1st and 6th Nov.

Reactions: rdubey

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello everyone,
Passport delivered: Nov 10
i called CPC Ottawa today(Nov 30) and what I heard is making me worry now.
They said, they received my passport but it's still in queue. Not sure when it goes into printing room. Because of plenty applications, their processing times are varying on daily basis instead of monthly.
The estimated time of delivery she told me is December 27.I have my tickets booked on 28 December. Im So worried now.
My PP was delivered on 10th Nov and I am expecting my PP back between 11th Dec - 15th Dec.

Reactions: maddyavula

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
My PP was delivered on 10th Nov and I am expecting my PP back between 11th Dec - 15th Dec.
Yes, that’s the time duration we are assuming CIC can take to send our passports back.
But when I called, she said in November they have huge no. Of passports,so processing time is getting varied day to day..
That means, for us it can be or can’t be the same timeline as others. I asked her when can I expect my passport back?- she says, according to current times, I can say it will be out after Christmas I.e December 27.
But I think she told me the maximum time it can take. Hopefully I get passports back before my travel dates.
Fingers crossed!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes, that’s the time duration we are assuming CIC can take to send our passports back.
But when I called, she said in November they have huge no. Of passports,so processing time is getting varied day to day..
That means, for us it can be or can’t be the same timeline as others. I asked her when can I expect my passport back?- she says, according to current times, I can say it will be out after Christmas I.e December 27.
But I think she told me the maximum time it can take. Hopefully I get passports back before my travel dates.
Fingers crossed!
Agreed that timeline might differ but it won't jump from 30 days to 50 days in matter of few days. We should see approval in MyCIC next week and Passport back week after that.

doghdogh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Was hoping for some movement on MyImmiTracker because some November 6/7 delivered passports got approved yesterday but so far not a lot. Don't know what they are doing.

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Agreed that timeline might differ but it won't jump from 30 days to 50 days in matter of few days. We should see approval in MyCIC next week and Passport back week after that.
Yes, that's right. I know its sounds so unusual,but that's what they told me.
May be they told me the maximum time it can take due to high volume of passports. I hope it get approved and delivered before my travel dates.
That's all I need now.!

Leo369

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-04-2017
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2017
LANDED..........
12-01-2018
This is way too long. Nothing we can do.
I think those who submitted their applications in Oct(AOR) got cleared in days and they have also submitted their passports now.
Hence the high volumes.
And to make matters worse, the holidays start in another 2 weeks.

Leo369

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-04-2017
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2017
LANDED..........
12-01-2018
A few people whose passports were delivered on Nov 6th and 7th had their approval yesterday. Am hoping mine , delivered on Nov 8th , happens in the next couple of days.
Have been holding back on official travel for the last 30 DAYS!

shutty

Nov 24, 2016
My tracker has been activated - I just sent a photocopy of passport pages as I have a UK passport

here's my new timeline

Stream: CEC Inland
PPR Date: 6th Nov 2017
Passport Sent Date: 8th Nov 2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 10th Nov 2017
MYCIC PR Status = Approved: 29th Nov 2017
Return Tracker Activated Date: 30th Nov 2017

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
I sent my passport on Nov 14th and Canada Post confirmed my passport was delivered on Nov 16th to CPC Ottawa.

I called CIC today and was surprised to know that my passport was received by CIC on Nov 30th and forwarded to the printing room.

Is this common? When can I expect to see an approval in MyCIC? I was expecting something in the next 1 week as recently people who had their passports delivered on Nov 8th/9th got approved.

Stream: CEC Inland
PPR Date: Nov 14, 2017
Passport Sent Date: Nov 14, 2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Nov 16, 2017
MYCIC PR Status: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting