+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
I got PPR 30th June, didn't post my stuff until 10th July and today my CIC changed to approved. I haven't tracked the stuff I sent so I don't know when it arrived send I forgot to get the tracking number off the return envelope so it'll come when it comes. I didn't send a passport, just a copy.
Cool! I wish I could be more relaxed and let things flow like that :D
I sent the passports on the same evening from a Shoppers agency and had the post office agent open my sealed envelope to take a picture of the returning envelope tracking number... even set up email alert for delivery o_O
Yours is on its way now that application changed to approved.

DT13

May 1, 2017
Hello Guys,

Finally my track was activated yesterday, hopefully I will get my documents today

CEC Inland
PPR - July 6
Docs sent - July 7
Delivered - July 10
Approval - July 19
Track activated - July 25

Reactions: lehbes

marsbars

Sep 23, 2016
Does anyone know how soon after you can schedule the landing interview after receiving confirmation of PR and your passport back?

nkanani1

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Request
NN
Interview........
NN
Submitted my Passport on 26th July .
Will reach Ottawa tomorrow .
Countdown starts .:)

manag

Apr 11, 2017
Any US residents here? I received the PPR on July 23 with a request to send in my documents. However, I am in the US on a non-immigrant visa and I am not sure if sending out my passport to the Ottawa office will jeopardize my legal status in the US. Tried emailing the Ottawa office. Received an automated message that their response time is 20 days. Unable to call the CIC helpline as I am outside Canada.

Anyone else in a similar situation who mailed their passports? How long is the processing time at the Ottawa office?

Thanks

Reactions: adi.urban

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

Finally my track was activated yesterday, hopefully I will get my documents today

CEC Inland
PPR - July 6
Docs sent - July 7
Delivered - July 10
Approval - July 19
Track activated - July 25
Congrats! Did you send passport or just copies?

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Any US residents here? I received the PPR on July 23 with a request to send in my documents. However, I am in the US on a non-immigrant visa and I am not sure if sending out my passport to the Ottawa office will jeopardize my legal status in the US. Tried emailing the Ottawa office. Received an automated message that their response time is 20 days. Unable to call the CIC helpline as I am outside Canada.

Anyone else in a similar situation who mailed their passports? How long is the processing time at the Ottawa office?

Thanks
I sent my passport on July 8 and was delivered on July 10 and still no update. Why would sending passport to Canada jeopardize your us status. You will be just stuck in the US until your passport back.

manag

Apr 11, 2017
I sent my passport on July 8 and was delivered on July 10 and still no update. Why would sending passport to Canada jeopardize your us status. You will be just stuck in the US until your passport back.
I am supposed to start a new job in Aug and for the I9 verification (Employment Eligibility Verification), I need to have my passport in my possession. Hence, my inability to send out the passport as requested.

Also, from a legal viewpoint, individuals on non-immigrant visas are required to have their visa and associated papers with them at all times. I agree that finding myself in a situation where I might need to prove my status are slim, but it is still a valid concern. You cannot predict what action immigration control might take if you cannot produce your original paperwork.

akhan1

Jul 24, 2017
PP delivered: 12th July
Application Approved: just now. 26th July.
I had called earlier today and she told me it was delivered on the 12th but the envelope was not opened until the 18th.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
I am supposed to start a new job in Aug and for the I9 verification (Employment Eligibility Verification), I need to have my passport in my possession. Hence, my inability to send out the passport as requested.

Also, from a legal viewpoint, individuals on non-immigrant visas are required to have their visa and associated papers with them at all times. I agree that finding myself in a situation where I might need to prove my status are slim, but it is still a valid concern. You cannot predict what action immigration control might take if you cannot produce your original paperwork.
For a new job and I9 that's diffierent. You do need to present your passport to your employer on your first day on the job. You can check with your employer legal firm and tell them that i need to stamp a Canadian visa on it and may not have it in the first day and see what they say. The other option (recommended) since it seems like you won't need the Copr right away is to request lvo depending on where you live in the us. It's true it might take cic time to confirm the lvo but at at least you would have the passport with you and lvo will probably stamped it in a week.

If you send you PP to Ottawa you won't get it until the end of August based on current timelines.

manag

Apr 11, 2017
For a new job and I9 that's diffierent. You do need to present your passport to your employer on your first day on the job. You can check with your employer legal firm and tell them that i need to stamp a Canadian visa on it and may not have it in the first day and see what they say. The other option (recommended) since it seems like you won't need the Copr right away is to request lvo depending on where you live in the us. It's true it might take cic time to confirm the lvo but at at least you would have the passport with you and lvo will probably stamped it in a week.

If you send you PP to Ottawa you won't get it until the end of August based on current timelines.
Thanks - I have already emailed the Ottawa office asking for a local visa office and submitted a CSE case. I do not need the COPR right away - my only concern is missing the 30 day window due to the long response time (20 days) quoted by the Ottawa office.

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Thanks - I have already emailed the Ottawa office asking for a local visa office and submitted a CSE case. I do not need the COPR right away - my only concern is missing the 30 day window due to the long response time (20 days) quoted by the Ottawa office.
You have proof in the email you sent
You'll be fine

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016

Thanks
I have the same situation like you, I read in the forums that people have done it earlier as well. I don't see any legal issues in sending your passport to Ottawa. Mine was delivered successfully on this Monday; clearing customs promptly.