+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I called CIC yesterday and they told me my Visa was Printed on the 22nd of August, still no update in MyCIC account and no tracker activated but the agent sent a note to tell them to get off their butts and mail my passport

More info in the signature including a link to my case on my immitracker.

Did CPC Ottawa get back to you? Any update on your application, as my visa has also been printed on August 22nd, however no approval on my online account.

Let me know if possible!

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Learnt something new today after talking to the agent lady.

It has been 27 days since delivery to ottawa from the US, no updates on the cic profile.

Today finally the agent says that case notes state that visa were printed onto the passports. However she can't be sure why the cic profile wasn't updated.

Here comes the new part. Apparently my passports are in "quality control" and only after they are satisfied that there are no mistakes they will release it for dispatch... Whatever that means... I just told the nice lady that I want my passports back.

Any updates on your profile?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Passport and CoPR received today. However the entry date/location on CoPR are all wrong. Called IRCC and the agent said I could either send CoPR back to Ottawa now for correction and get it back in a month or two, or amend it after I land, which could take 6 months. Grrrrrrrr

My timeline below if anyone is interested.

FSW-Inland
eAPR/AOR: 05-02-2017
Med Passed: 07-05-2017
(Missed IP1/NA/IP2 as I didn't check my account at all after AOR)
PPR: 07-24-2017
Passport Sent: 07-26-2017
Passport Delivered: 07-28-2017
Application Approved: 08-17-2017
Return Tracker: 08-23-2017
Passport/CoPR Received: 08-24-2017

All the best to everyone!
@induscan17 Hope you get your passport back soon!

Last edited:

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Passport and CoPR received today. However the entry date/location on CoPR are all wrong. Called IRCC and the agent said I could either send CoPR back to Ottawa now for correction and get it back in a month or two, or amend it after I land, which could take 6 months. Grrrrrrrr

My timeline below if anyone is interested.

FSW-Inland
eAPR/AOR: 05-02-2017
Med Passed: 07-05-2017
(Missed IP1/NA/IP2 as I didn't check my account at all after AOR)
PPR: 07-24-2017
Passport Sent: 07-26-2017
Passport Delivered: 07-28-2017
Application Approved: 08-18-2017
Return Tracker: 08-23-2017
Passport/CoPR Received: 08-24-2017

All the best to everyone!
@induscan17 Hope you get your passport back soon!
That's why they need"quality control" eeeeh

Reactions: ContactFront

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I spoke to an agent just now, she confirmed that our case is closed two days ago on which my cic showed "approved " that day. But she doesn't know when the passport would be dispatched from Ottawa . I used to plan landing this weekend , it seems not gonna happen. I use Canada post, some said Canada post pick up the passports everyday so I would expect tomorrow or next Monday.it would be over a month!!

Reactions: prAnxiety

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
I understand your frustration. However, the comparison with for example Amazon is not accurate.
Online companies invest tens or hundreds of millions of dollars into delivery systems to deliver as fast as possible to compete for their clients.
For CIC, on the other hand, there is no business need to send passport ASAP.
I understand what you're saying, but of course there is a business need to deliver passports ASAP.
Without my passport I can't leave the country.
If there is an emergency with my family that requires my attention I simply can't leave Canada.
I'd say that's way more business need than people who want their toys delivered the same day.

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
If an agent says they will send a message to CPC Ottawa, do you know how long do they take to respond?

Its been 28 days today since they received my passport, however I don't see any approval. They told me that my visa is printed on August 22. But I don't see an approval on my online profile. Is there something strange which I should be concerned about?

If people have advice on this, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I understand what you're saying, but of course there is a business need to deliver passports ASAP.
Without my passport I can't leave the country.
If there is an emergency with my family that requires my attention I simply can't leave Canada.
I'd say that's way more business need than people who want their toys delivered the same day.
That's typically cic style,I applied for the immigration (twice)for myself, family sponsorship for my son, voluntarily renounced pr status for my spouse and applied for visitor visa at the same time , visitor visa for my parents, pr card renewal and travel document for myself ,family sponsorship for my spouse again.

Each time I swear I will not deal with cic anymore but here I am, kinda get used to them but can't help going nuts occasionally.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
If an agent says they will send a message to CPC Ottawa, do you know how long do they take to respond?

Its been 28 days today since they received my passport, however I don't see any approval. They told me that my visa is printed on August 22. But I don't see an approval on my online profile. Is there something strange which I should be concerned about?

If people have advice on this, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
If the passport is printed then its just a matter of time . Your account would show approved no later than next week. They processed passports in bathches.

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
If the passport is printed then its just a matter of time . Your account would show approved no later than next week. They processed passports in bathches.
I am just very concerned on why they wouldn't approve it once its printed, since that's what happens to most people's profile.

Also, they wouldn't somehow go and disapprove the PR or something right? I am sorry for sounding so irrational, I am not usually this concerned! Apologies.