PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA in April 2016

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirk7526 said:
Hey guys,

I need some help. My applications as been closed and approved more then one week but I haven't got the mail back. Unfortunately I don't have the tracking number for the return mail...

Does anyone know the number that I can contact with them?

Thanks
are you in Canada ?

It is best to try to get the tracking number, search somewhere is the receipts you got from canadapost.
if you cannot find it, I heard somebody somewhere in the forum saying that if you called CIC you maybe lucky that they will tell you the tracking number. Hope this helps.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
ahmadka said:
Well I'm sending my passport from US to Canada (Ottawa), and I want to use FedEx because that's that people recommend here.

Problem is, when generating a FedEx shipping label you have to mention a ship date which is within the next week or so. But I don't know when exactly will FedEx initiate the return, so what date do I put there ? ???
Sorry I have no idea on this...

kirk7526

Oct 28, 2015
kvr007 said:
Dont worry, I think it is taking 12 to 16 days to get back passport from the date they received.... by the way when did u submit your passport?
I am in BC, Canada and my app reached in March 21th and got approved on March 30...I don't have the tracking number unfortunately... Do you guys know the number that I can call them because I can't find it on line... Thx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Wanted to throw my hat in here too and see when the PP returns. My time line is in my signature, however I am adding it here too:

AOR: Sep 9, 2015 (FSW - Outland)
PPR: April 5, 2016
PP sent to Ottawa: Apr 5, 2016 (Yeah, it was within 3 hours of getting the PPR, I dispatch my PPs)
PP received at Ottawa: Apr 6, 2016

Waiting for a change in MyCIC and to get the PP back.

All the best guys!

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
I sent my passport today as well via FedEx. It's supposed to arrive there on Monday. Fingers crossed !

For those of you using FedEx, did you end up filling out two airway bills, one for each way ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ahmadka - you have asked the same question in the March thread and then again in the April thread. Please don't spam the threads with your issues, stick on to one thread. This forum is to help people with questions and not to keep reassuring you that what you have done is appropriate.

Sending PP to Ottawa from the US is not a big deal. If you felt that fedex is not appropriate you could have used USPS, which surely gives international return options. Another way I pointed out was to use Canada Post Xpress priority envelopes. If you have done neither, then stick with what you have done hope for the best. Asking not over and over again will not change the outcome.

I hope you get your PP back soon.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
legalfalcon said:
@ahmadka - you have asked the same question in the March thread and then again in the April thread. Please don't spam the threads with your issues, stick on to one thread. This forum is to help people with questions and not to keep reassuring you that what you have done is appropriate.

Sending PP to Ottawa from the US is not a big deal. If you felt that fedex is not appropriate you could have used USPS, which surely gives international return options. Another way I pointed out was to use Canada Post Xpress priority envelopes. If you have done neither, then stick with what you have done hope for the best. Asking not over and over again will not change the outcome.

I hope you get your PP back soon.
Sorry, I didn't mean to spam .. It's just that everyone has suggested me different ways to deal with this situation, yet nobody quite knows what's the sureshot foolproof way of getting this done (while using either FedEx or UPS) .. despite this however, most here still prefer to use FedEx .. Why ? ... It's like everyone else on this forum knows the answer which is oblivious to me for some reason .... This raises my curiosity which is why I felt like discussing it here, even though I've sent my passport now and can't really do anything about it .. It's like after giving an exam, you want to discuss with others if you solved the question correctly or not :p

Anyhow I'll try to not discuss this further :)

By the way, I didn't use USPS because of their high failure rate, and the Xpress Post envelopes can't be delivered in the US ..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
By the way, I didn't use USPS because of their high failure rate, and the Xpress Post envelopes can't be delivered in the US ..
I am not sure where you get this information from. USPS is the go-to place for the majority of Americans. I have been using USPS for over 7 years now and never has any of my packages gone missing, either during domestic shipping or international. Shipping to Canada takes 3-5 days, whereas UPS and FedEx deliver it the next day. This is the only advantage. However, USPS is much cheaper.

As regards Xpress post, https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/envelopes/xpresspost-tm-prepaid/usa/p-102222.jsf?execution=e1s1 their prepaid envelope is specifically for shipping to US from Canada. I am using this prepaid xpress post envelope for my PP return and this is what many others have used too. It has a tracking number and is delivered by USPS.

I didn't mean to point you out, but your discussion was going in circles based upon what he said, she said.

I hope what you have done is what you thought was the best and you will soon get your PP back.

All the best.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
legalfalcon said:
I am not sure where you get this information from. USPS is the go-to place for the majority of Americans. I have been using USPS for over 7 years now and never has any of my packages gone missing, either during domestic shipping or international. Shipping to Canada takes 3-5 days, whereas UPS and FedEx deliver it the next day. This is the only advantage. However, USPS is much cheaper.

As regards Xpress post, https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/envelopes/xpresspost-tm-prepaid/usa/p-102222.jsf?execution=e1s1 their prepaid envelope is specifically for shipping to US from Canada. I am using this prepaid xpress post envelope for my PP return and this is what many others have used too. It has a tracking number and is delivered by USPS.

I didn't mean to point you out, but your discussion was going in circles based upon what he said, she said.

I hope what you have done is what you thought was the best and you will soon get your PP back.

All the best.
I was actually residing outside of US for some time in recent years, and over a span of 2-3 years I imported about 200-300 parcels from the US, most of which were sent out by USPS (because of their cheap rates) .. I would say about 20% of them got damaged or lost ... A few times they even got lost WITHIN the US even before leaving for international waters, and a few times they even got delivered to the wrong destination country (yeah, this happened!) :eek: ... Granted, the chance of that happening is very low, I'd rather pay extra for a more premium service, since it's your passport, which is why I wanted to use FedEx or UPS ..

Xpress post, I could have tried, but they deliver that envelope only within Canada, and I don't know anyone there (I think you said you knew someone there who collected it for you and sent it to the US) ..

I'm hopeful that the service I used yesterday will be fine, although I just looked at the shipping label picture I took, and the FedEx rep misspelled my last name in the return address section .. I hope that doesn't upset CIC :p

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
PPR email: April 06
Passport sent: April 07
Passport delivered in Ottawa: April 11

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the passport stamped and the COPR? Just wanted to get an idea of hen we might expect to receive our passports back. Its scary living in a foreign country without our passports!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
NaomiA said:
PPR email: April 06
Passport sent: April 07
Passport delivered in Ottawa: April 11

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the passport stamped and the COPR? Just wanted to get an idea of hen we might expect to receive our passports back. Its scary living in a foreign country without our passports!
The normal turn back tome is 10-15 days and add a few more for the PP to be shipped to you depending on the type of carrier you have. In some case it has taken longer which is due to the workload the LVO has.

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
legalfalcon said:
The normal turn back tome is 10-15 days and add a few more for the PP to be shipped to you depending on the type of carrier you have. In some case it has taken longer which is due to the workload the LVO has.
Thanks so much!

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport reached Ottawa on 7-April , today the application status was approved and closed, hope the return mail will be activated soon.

Someone else has the same case, so I guess they do things in groups.

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdotk said:
My passport reached Ottawa on 7-April , today the application status was approved and closed, hope the return mail will be activated soon.

Someone else has the same case, so I guess they do things in groups.
Did you get an email about your status update in myCIC account?