+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa-August 2017

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
You wont say this if you did go through a worse case bro. You were the lucky one.
If you knew me, you would never say I am lucky. But, not appreciating the timelines and processing times and acting like we are all entitled to be Canadians or as if Canada owed us a PR and instantly is absurd when compared to immigration timelines of any other major developed country. I am sorry if offended anyone, good luck to all.

Reactions: jazzyapd

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myCIC account went to "approved" today! woohoo...may we all attain our dreams!

Reactions: Trusty

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you knew me, you would never say I am lucky. But, not appreciating the timelines and processing times and acting like we are all entitled to be Canadians or as if Canada owed us a PR and instantly is absurd when compared to immigration timelines of any other major developed country. I am sorry if offended anyone, good luck to all.
I do have to firmly agree that Canada's system has to be one of the fastest of any developed country. In the US, where I live, it can easily take years upon years to get a green card. Not that it would happen with the current president and congress, but creating a streamlined and efficient system would probably decrease the number of people who come to the US "illegally." Who wants to sit around and wait for years upon end? I know there are people who go over the 6 month window for PR in Canada, but that number is small. Yes, it completely sucks if it is you. But for a huge majority of us, this is super fast compared to almost anywhere else. Best of luck to everyone!!!

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
Hey everyone. How have you sent your passports to Ottawa?
Via FedEx/UPS or via vfs global office at your home country?

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
I've sent the passport from US to CPC Ottawa via FedEx including a return FedEx envelope/labels.

( Created the labels by creating an online FedEx personal-account, created a label from US to Canada, and another label return from Canada to US, it also allows to print customs declaration and consignment invoice, all these copies of labels and customs and invoice were put into the mail envelope along with another empty FedEx envelope, I did not apply the labels to the return envelope, I asked the FedEx store staff to attach a pocket on the return envelope where CPC staff can put the return labels before they mail back the passport).

Search this forum, you might find other ways people have sent the passport.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used UPS Express world saver. Took 1 business day and was about $45USD. As for my return envelope, I used an XpressPost envelop from Canada Post specifically designed for express document shipping from Canada to the USA. That cost about $22USD. I did it because I needed my stuff sent to a PO box and not a physical address (UPS and FedEx won't deliver to PO boxes). Best of luck!

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
I used UPS Express world saver. Took 1 business day and was about $45USD. As for my return envelope, I used an XpressPost envelop from Canada Post specifically designed for express document shipping from Canada to the USA. That cost about $22USD. I did it because I needed my stuff sent to a PO box and not a physical address (UPS and FedEx won't deliver to PO boxes). Best of luck!
Thanks.
But you seem to be from US. I just found out from another esteemed member of the forum that for other countries the way to send passports is different. We have to send vis VFS globl office. We are not given of choice to use fedex or ups.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport (copy) is on the way back to me! Hopefully I can get it Friday or Saturday, then all there is left to do is land. :)

It looks like people who send passport copies (from visa exempt countries) have a roughly 2 week wait and people who send passports have roughly a 4 weeks wait these days.