+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports Sent to Ottawa in September for Visa Stamping... Let's Connect Here!

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Freckle said:
I did my landing today at Coutts Canada/US Border. We parked our car at the canadian side, then walked to the US, where they gave the refusal to entry US (even if I had the US visa, they give refusals because as they said this is how happens all the time and it doesn't affect any following travels to US). After that we walked back with the paper they gave us to the Canadian side. The canadian immigration officer asked for the passport, copr, driver license or other document to verify the address, and all the study and work permits. He made the correction to the original entry date (which was in the document as the last entry date) on the copr. the whole thing took in total ~ 1 hour. There were no line neither at US nor Canada border. Good luck everyone!
Congrats. Just want to know what do you think is the best time of the day to go to Coutts?thanks

prss

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jun-2013
Nomination.....
30-Sep-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
21-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-Sep-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
In-Land
Adi7 said:
I have received my passport back from Ottawa today and I am overwhelmed. I couldn't have survive the most gruelling 10 months of my life without the people here whom I shared so many emotions with. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me, for giving me hope and for your unending encouragement. I may not know you all personally but I truly appreciate all of you in this forum.

Congratulate to all who like me have already reach the rainbow's end with a smile and to those waiting I will continue to pray for you. Again, Thank you to all of you and I hope the best for everyone.

Good luck for the flag-pole.Love for all.

Yours,

Adi7 :-*
Congrats to you...

Still waiting for passport to return. No tracker activation yet. Passport received by them on 25th Sep

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Netblizz183 said:
Hi Adi, that was also the person who received my passport MS BENNETTE!
But unfortunately, my tracker is not yet activated.
Ni Netblizz,

Mine was also received by MS BENNETTE in PO BOX address on Oct 06 at 12:34PM Ottawa time. Hope not to wait for too long as our work permit are set to expire soon. We need to do our landing ASAP.

Freckle said:
I did my landing today at Coutts Canada/US Border. We parked our car at the canadian side, then walked to the US, where they gave the refusal to entry US (even if I had the US visa, they give refusals because as they said this is how happens all the time and it doesn't affect any following travels to US). After that we walked back with the paper they gave us to the Canadian side. The canadian immigration officer asked for the passport, copr, driver license or other document to verify the address, and all the study and work permits. He made the correction to the original entry date (which was in the document as the last entry date) on the copr. the whole thing took in total ~ 1 hour. There were no line neither at US nor Canada border. Good luck everyone!
Hi Freckle,
Thanks for sharing this. We are planning to exit and land in Coutts as well, we are from Red Deer, AB. I heard a lot of negative stories about Coutts from friends so I am a bit worried for our exit too. So you are saying that you parked your car at the Canadian side, my friend told me that I need to be inside the vehicle and should not just walk to the US side, so that confuses me. Are the US officials nice and friendly?
Thanks again and congratulations.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bukyder said:
Congrats. Just want to know what do you think is the best time of the day to go to Coutts?thanks
Thanks! I think weekdays are the best, because I would assume more people cross the border on weekends, and more people would want to do the immigration. I was there around 5 pm on Thursday, and there was no line at all in US and Canada! :)

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dustincarlisle said:
Hi Freckle,
Thanks for sharing this. We are planning to exit and land in Coutts as well, we are from Red Deer, AB. I heard a lot of negative stories about Coutts from friends so I am a bit worried for our exit too. So you are saying that you parked your car at the Canadian side, my friend told me that I need to be inside the vehicle and should not just walk to the US side, so that confuses me. Are the US officials nice and friendly?
Thanks again and congratulations.
In general, my experience of landing in Coutts was good and positive. The officers on both sides were nice, helpful and professional.

We didn't know what to do for the landing. So, we decided first to ask canadian officers what to do for this procedure. Therefore, we parked the car at the parking lot and went inside the building. The officer said, that in order to do the landing I need to be "seeking an entry to Canada". He said we can either walk, or drive with a car to US. Since it is basically the same building, we walked to the US side. Then we walked back to Canada :) The officers help and explain what to do, so just explain why you are there, and ask questions if something is not clear :) Good luck!

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Freckle said:
In general, my experience of landing in Coutts was good and positive. The officers on both sides were nice, helpful and professional.

We didn't know what to do for the landing. So, we decided first to ask canadian officers what to do for this procedure. Therefore, we parked the car at the parking lot and went inside the building. The officer said, that in order to do the landing I need to be "seeking an entry to Canada". He said we can either walk, or drive with a car to US. Since it is basically the same building, we walked to the US side. Then we walked back to Canada :) The officers help and explain what to do, so just explain why you are there, and ask questions if something is not clear :) Good luck!
Thank you so much Freckle.
I am in relief when you said that. Its just our passports in Ottawa that makes me a bit more impatient, lol.

Luvpreet

Sep 24, 2014
Guys I need to know something.

can we leave our job from where I got my SINP?

I work at the gas station and then I have my other job at Mobile shop where I just recently got promoted to manager. So is it okay if I leave my gas station job? My file is already in process from 3 months.

Please give your suggestions.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dustincarlisle said:
Thank you so much Freckle.
I am in relief when you said that. Its just our passports in Ottawa that makes me a bit more impatient, lol.
You are very welcome :)

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
dustincarlisle said:
Ni Netblizz,

Mine was also received by MS BENNETTE in PO BOX address on Oct 06 at 12:34PM Ottawa time. Hope not to wait for too long as our work permit are set to expire soon. We need to do our landing ASAP.

when do your permits going to expire?ours will expire in Nov.15.. if we don't get our passports back next week, then I have to apply for bowp..it's frustrating that CIC takes so freaking long to stamp visas.

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when do your permits going to expire?ours will expire in Nov.15.. if we don't get our passports back next week, then I have to apply for bowp..it's frustrating that CIC takes so freaking long to stamp visas.
[/quote]

My work permit will expire in July 2015. I would suggest that you apply for BOWP ASAP coz the processing time for applying for a work permit
online takes longer than the processing time indicated in CIC website.

samzzzz

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-07-2014 (IP)
Med's Request
27-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
Interview........
RPRF: May 15; RCMP: June 02
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
18-10-2014
Copied from another forum:

Can anyone please verify its validity? Thanks

""In-Canada" Landing Procedure:
------------------------------------

If u r residing in Canada when u get ur PR Visas, u have two choices to perform ur "Record of Landing":
1. Revalidate the PR Visa thru the nearest CIC office; OR
2. Do "Flag-polling".

1. HOW TO REVALIDATE THE VISA THRU A CIC OFFICE:
If you are already in Canada and have a valid TRV [temporary resident status], you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status "inside Canada" - as opposed to "leaving Canada and re-entering at a POE". [For this purpose] Please contact CIC's Call Centre at *1-888-242-2100* as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the CIC office nearest to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada). On the appointed day, visit the CIC office with ur [1]COPR, [2]Original pps, and [3]Proof of Residence. An IO will meet u & get the job done in about 15-20mins. REMEMBER: Wait time for such appointments is long... @ the current rate u should expect 2-3 weeks waiting pd. An example of such offices is:

CPC-Scarborough
Canada Centre, Floor 1
200 Town Centre Court
Scarborough, ON.

2. HOW TO DO FLAG-POLLING:
Alternatively u could drive to the nearest border-post, cross the border, get 'denied' a US visit, turn-around AND enter Canada to perform ur 'landing'. This is called "flag-polling'. For this purpose u DO NOT require a US Visa. More on it here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-di...

NOTE:
Flagpolling is faster than doing 'landing' thru a CIC office [b'coz of the wait times involved].

Hope that helped.
Qorax
"

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
bukyder said:
Hi Bukyder,
My original WP will expire same as my husband's and it will be on the 6th of Dec. However, I already applied for BOWP last August and it is valid until August 2015. We did not renew my spouse's WP because we are thinking that by that time, we already have our Immigrant Visas.

In your case, you need to apply for BOWP ASAP.

Netblizz183 said:
My work permit will expire in July 2015. I would suggest that you apply for BOWP ASAP coz the processing time for applying for a work permit
online takes longer than the processing time indicated in CIC website.
Hi Netblizz,
You are right, that is why I already applied for BOWP when I received a correspondence from my VO about my file being transferred.

Ethanrohan23

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
My work permit is expired on january 29,2015..do i have to apply for BOWP? I was hoping to get our passports back ( together with my wife and two kids) before the end of the month otherwise im going lose it..lol

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Ethanrohan23 said:
My work permit is expired on january 29,2015..do i have to apply for BOWP? I was hoping to get our passports back ( together with my wife and two kids) before the end of the month otherwise im going lose it..lol
Hi Ethan,
If you have submitted your PPs to Ottawa for Immigrant Visa stamping already, I think there is no need for you to apply for BOWP since your status is okay until January 29, 2015, so I can say that you are still safe. But, if you have not received your PPs back until November or December 29 at the latest, you have to apply for BOWP (you still have one month prior the expiry of your WP).

My hubby's WP will expire on Dec 06, so we badly needed our PPs back until Nov 06, so we can do the Landing.

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
dustincarlisle said:
Hi Bukyder,
My original WP will expire same as my husband's and it will be on the 6th of Dec. However, I already applied for BOWP last August and it is valid until August 2015. We did not renew my spouse's WP because we are thinking that by that time, we already have our Immigrant Visas.

In your case, you need to apply for BOWP ASAP.

Hi Netblizz,
You are right, that is why I already applied for BOWP when I received a correspondence from my VO about my file being transferred.

Salamat! But I kind of having this feeling that we'll get our passports back next week.hehe. Let's see. If nothing happens by that time,'ll be in panic mode then.hehe. have a great weekend!