+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports sent to Ottawa in March 2015

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Cic got my passport on Feb 19th...still waiting for my tracker to be activated guys... I guess we gotta be patient once again... :(

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Panucci said:
Cic got my passport on Feb 19th...still waiting for my tracker to be activated guys... I guess we gotta be patient once again... :(
I called CIC and they were able to acknowledge that they received my passport and they said its waiting for Officer review. Since your passport copy is not in their system may be you will have to write a letter to them with the old tracking number, copy of your passports and images again.

Panucci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
bethanasame said:
I called CIC and they were able to acknowledge that they received my passport and they said its waiting for Officer review. Since your passport copy is not in their system may be you will have to write a letter to them with the old tracking number, copy of your passports and images again.
I believe, from other ppl in the forum... That when you call cic to ask for the status and they open your file to check... They are not able to know if the package was received or not. What I mean is that the file will show that the last step on your application was that cic sent you an email asking for your passport and pictures (in case they haven't opened your package yet) or they'll see that they already sent to print you copr (in case they received and opened your package).

Please, someone tell me if I'm wrong or not.

bala1

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Nomination.....
25-12-2013
AOR Received.
18-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Thank god done
LANDED..........
God is great done
Panucci said:
I believe, from other ppl in the forum... That when you call cic to ask for the status and they open your file to check... They are not able to know if the package was received or not. What I mean is that the file will show that the last step on your application was that cic sent you an email asking for your passport and pictures (in case they haven't opened your package yet) or they'll see that they already sent to print you copr (in case they received and opened your package).

Please, someone tell me if I'm wrong or not.
I think ur right

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh darn!

I was expecting to have the tracking number activated today... but apparently I'm very wrong!

Darn, again! And again!

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
This is super frustrating. My colleague who sent his passport on March 4th got it back yesterday (March 12). He sent it to the Laurier Avenue address. I have seen 2 people so far who got passports back in about a week or so and they both sent it to the Laurier Avenue address. I sent it to the PO Box and noticed that passports sent to PO Box address are taking anywhere from 2-4 weeks??!!!! I have no idea what is going on. My passport was received on March 6th and still no return tracking activated. Arghh! :mad:

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Sundip said:
This is super frustrating. My colleague who sent his passport on March 4th got it back yesterday (March 12). He sent it to the Laurier Avenue address. I have seen 2 people so far who got passports back in about a week or so and they both sent it to the Laurier Avenue address. I sent it to the PO Box and noticed that passports sent to PO Box address are taking anywhere from 2-4 weeks??!!!! I have no idea what is going on. My passport was received on March 6th and still no return tracking activated. Arghh! :mad:
Unfortunately we didnt know this before. So your colleague's passport reached CPC on 4th ?

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
I will say it is luck...I just wanna share with you...For my TRV I sent passport to PO box address couple of times. Once it took 2 weeks ans other time I got it back in less than a week. I don't know how CIC works but I wanted to share it.
My passport was received on March 5th for PR visa and still waiting to get it back.
INAM-UL-HAQ

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
bethanasame said:
Unfortunately we didnt know this before. So your colleague's passport reached CPC on 4th ?
No, his passport reached on 5th, he sent it on 4th (early in the morning). So exactly a week from the date CIC received his passport, my colleague got his passport back in his hands.

mfwpg

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Manitoba
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bethanasame said:
Doesn't make any sense at all what you guys are saying.

I sent mine to Laurier on the 4th and still nothing.

There's no general rule for what they do and how they act, you guys should know that... :p

Sundip

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-31-2015
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
mfwpg said:
Doesn't make any sense at all what you guys are saying.

I sent mine to Laurier on the 4th and still nothing.

There's no general rule for what they do and how they act, you guys should know that... :p
There is a general rule! They throw darts on envelopes with passports and wherever the dart falls, BINGO! ;D ;D ;D

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
bethanasame said:
Hello brother,
It is good to know CIC acknowledged that they received your Passport.
I am thinking to give CIC call in the morning just to check they received my original Passport. Did you specifically ask for acknowledgement receipt of your passport or you just asked update on on your PR application? Can you please give me hints what should I say call center agent exactly? I would appreciate your reply. Thanks