+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports requested after medical has been expired for 2.5 months.

tevaths

Jan 24, 2012
Hello,

My wife and I had our Medical done on Aug 2nd 2011, so given the 1 year validity, I assume they expired on Aug 1st 2012.
Two days ago I received an email from CPP-O requesting to send our passports to Detroit consulate for visa stamp within 30 days.

Now my question is how much time is given to enter canada if PR visa is granted after medical was expired? our medical expired on August 1st 2012 and we recieved the PP request on Oct 19th 2012, a good over 2.5 months after!
anyone had a similar experience or know of any such case and what do they do in such a scenario? I really hope they give us more than a couple of months to enter, would be impossible to wrap our lives in a jiffy!

Oh and they did not request a new medical from us either.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will probably figure out that your medicals have expired by the time they want to stamp your visas in which case they will ask you for new medicals. You could send them a case specific inquiry and ask them if you should get new medicals done before you send your passports. Or just send your passports and wait and see what happens. If they decide to not get new medicals and give you a month to land, there is nothing you can do to extend that visa. Either you use it within the month or it expires.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Leon said:
They will probably figure out that your medicals have expired by the time they want to stamp your visas in which case they will ask you for new medicals. You could send them a case specific inquiry and ask them if you should get new medicals done before you send your passports. Or just send your passports and wait and see what happens. If they decide to not get new medicals and give you a month to land, there is nothing you can do to extend that visa. Either you use it within the month or it expires.
Or they could have extended the medicals for an additional year. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

tevaths

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks PMM.

That;s what I am hoping for and as per the info on their website, it does seems to be the case. I have sent my pp this week, lets see how much time do I get.

BTW, any idea on how much time do they take to put visa on pp and send it back? sent my pp to detroit visa office.

Karan85

Nov 8, 2012
i am also same problem da....

i got ppr on 22nd oct 2012 and i submitted my passport in person to london cic but i don't know what gonna happen?

i got medical last year 26th of October so i am little worry but i saw the new act also so may be we will get visa....if the MOF extent our medical....

if your in London please give me your number..... :'( :'(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Nothing to worry about, if they requested passport(s) without another medical request it is likely they have extended the medicals. Mine were also extended and you will see it in your GCMS notes.

jolly8575

Nov 12, 2012
hi ,

I hv been ask to submit mine & my wife passport along with medical . So i hv submitted below docs along with medical on 16th july 2012 , but still waiting for any further reply from CHC .
Below are submitted docs.
1. Passport size pics as per embassy guideline
2. Draft in favor of chc
3. Original PCC
4. Original Passports
5. Medical

Can anyone help me with their next course of action & tell me how much more time will take post submitting of mentioned docs with CHC .

Thanks
Mandeep