+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport

akryptik

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Hello,

I've applied under Express Entry and recently submitted my Schedule A document. I am hoping to receive PPR soon...

I would really appreciate if anyone can answer few of my queries...

1. The passport I've mentioned in my application is about to expire, what should be the course of action in this case? Should I submit the expired passport, once they asked for it? Or can I get in renewed and submit the new one?

2. After getting done with passport submission and visa and all, how much time do they give you to visit Canada before visa expires. If my medical expires on October, do I have to visit before that? Can't I get my medical done again and postpone my visit?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akryptik said:
Hello,

I've applied under Express Entry and recently submitted my Schedule A document. I am hoping to receive PPR soon...

1. The passport I've mentioned in my application is about to expire, what should be the course of action in this case? Should I submit the expired passport, once they asked for it? Or can I get in renewed and submit the new one?

2. After getting done with passport submission and visa and all, how much time do they give you to visit Canada before visa expires. If my medical expires on October, do I have to visit before that? Can't I get my medical done again and postpone my visit?
1. you cannot submit an expired passport (or a passport that is valid for less than 6 months). So you have no choice in the matter but to get the passport renewed.

2. you have to visit Canada before the medical expires. I don't think they allow extensions on that.
But senior experts can comment on that.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
akryptik said:
Hello,

1. Apply for an urgent passport. Most probably you will get it in 4 5 days. If you have that much time in filing your application, I recommend that you do it.
2. Not at all! Your Visa is valid for 1 year from your medicals. You have to visit Canada before that, otherwise your PR could be cancelled. This is clearly stated in the PPR letter.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akryptik said:
Hello,

--- Actually answer to your situation is interconnected. You will have to travel before the expiry of your medical, which is on October. If your passport is valid until October (passport must be 6 months valid at the time of visa issuance) then there is no need to rush for passport renewal, submit the same and get the visa issued. You can land and get the passport renewal done from Canada, if your willing not to come back. As a rule you can travel with your passport as long as it is valid !!

If you would like to get the visa issued on new passport. provided it can be renewed very fast, you could apply for the passport right away, and inform CIC through CSE about the new passport and when they will be available. (assume you don't know when CIC will send passport request, and you will have to inform them of change in your circumstances and expiry of passport. Passport anyways has to be 6 month valid for the visa issuance)

Regards

How long does it take for you to get the passport renewal? If your

akryptik

Star Member
May 20, 2016
What if I get my visa 10 days before my medical expires? how would I make the arrangement?

my medical expires by Oct, by the look of it, if I get my visa stamped on august or september, How can I managae my travel?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akryptik said:
What if I get my visa 10 days before my medical expires? how would I make the arrangement?

my medical expires by Oct, by the look of it, if I get my visa stamped on august or september, How can I managae my travel?
can you please share your timelines?
kinda difficult for us to help when we are blind reg timelines etc.
Normally, if it's too close to medical expiry by visa stamping time, CIC will ask you to redo the medicals.
The point is, CIC can ask you to redo the medicals to extend the landing time, but you cannot do the same.

hope this helps.

Jappo

Jun 26, 2017
hi guys if I may I ask. I recently renewed my passport should I wait for PPR and send both passports (old and new) or should I inform dem first while waiting for PPR? Thank yo

mahsa27o

Jul 24, 2019
hello
I have a question about my passport, my IELTS result is based on my former Passport and I`ve just renewed my Passport Which has different Number, So I was wondering Should I Enter the Details of My expired passport in my express entry profile, too?