+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
In citizenship application, it asks about biographical pages of passports for relevant 4 year period. I have a current pp and a cancelled passport for the 4 year period for which I am sending its copies.
I also have a passport held in 1990 and expired year 2000. Is it required to be sent? My assumption is no, but please advise.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
thecoolguysam said:
In citizenship application, it asks about biographical pages of passports for relevant 4 year period. I have a current pp and a cancelled passport for the 4 year period for which I am sending its copies.
I also have a passport held in 1990 and expired year 2000. Is it required to be sent? My assumption is no, but please advise.
Starting with the passport you first stepped in/PR in Canada, each PP you held regardless now valid or cancelled.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
if you landed for example 2010 and renew your passport in 2013, then prepare the first page of your passport of 2010 and 2013 (one with picture and signature)

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
if you landed for example 2010 and renew your passport in 2013, then prepare the first page of your passport of 2010 and 2013 (one with picture and signature)
I landed in 2010 and my current passport was issued in 2009 and its still valid. Do i need to take my old passport (before i landed ) with me for the interview?

please help?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Thank you, it means that I have to send copies of pp used since I landed in 2011.
I suppose then the PP that expired in 2000 does not play any role and its copies does not need to be sent. Correct?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ms12001w said:
I landed in 2010 and my current passport was issued in 2009 and its still valid. Do i need to take my old passport (before i landed ) with me for the interview?

please help?
I think its suggested to take it because they might need to know the PP that you have held previously.

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
I think its suggested to take it because they might need to know the PP that you have held previously.
i dont have my old passport , is that going to be a problem? my current passport covers the last 5 years and i landed with this passport.

i dont know why they would need old passports before landing ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ms12001w said:
i dont have my old passport , is that going to be a problem? my current passport covers the last 5 years and i landed with this passport.

When you immigrated to canada, the canada visa office must have checked your passports since birth. In my case, they asked for all passports I have held. After all the verification my immigration visa was issued.

If they haven't asked your old pp during immigration then its quite unlikely they would like to see it during interview.
If the old passport has date range (between issue and expiry date), then they might need it. If the current passport has information about your old pp, then they might wanna see it.

Usually they need to check your travel history that's why they want 4 years of passport. In case of old PP, they might don't want to see it but it is always suggested to keep it handy in case they ask.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms12001w said:

ok i think it is confusing. as simple as this.

For example I landed in 2009 (i have the passport for 2005 - 2010) my visa is stamped in my passport.
Then on 2010 i need to renew my passport (for example 2010-2015)

today I will apply for citizenship. I need to attached the 2005 passport its because my application I used this passport.
I also need to attached my new passport 2010 else my 2005 passport will shows Expired

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
hoping_canadian said:
ok i think it is confusing. as simple as this.

For example I landed in 2009 (i have the passport for 2005 - 2010) my visa is stamped in my passport.
Then on 2010 i need to renew my passport (for example 2010-2015)

today I will apply for citizenship. I need to attached the 2005 passport its because my application I used this passport.
I also need to attached my new passport 2010 else my 2005 passport will shows Expired
If CIC is asking for the passport for ONLY the relevant 4 years period preceding the application. Then it is clear.
Even If anybody used an expired passport when he landed in Canada and it falls out of the 4 years relevant period, then I don't see why it should be provided.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tayara said:
If CIC is asking for the passport for ONLY the relevant 4 years period preceding the application. Then it is clear.
Even If anybody used an expired passport when he landed in Canada and it falls out of the 4 years relevant period, then I don't see why it should be provided.
what if your expired passport in used when you applied for your PR are'nt you gonna attached it?

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
I think they are requesting the passport covering the relevant 4 years preceding the application (As per the Instructions guide)
If they need the passport used when you landed even if it is out of the 4 years window, they would mention it.

My 2 Cents.