+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Validity

parminders7

Nov 28, 2016
Hi,

I got my PR on 05/10/2016.

Last date to Enter Canada is 03/03/2017.

Passport is Valid till 06/06/2017

I planning to land in Vancouver, BC and plan to leave from India in the last week of February’16. My travel Passport is Valid till 06/06/2017 and while I am travelling to Canada it will be less than 6 months before it expires.

I would request you to help me in the below queries.

Will immgration officers let me go through all the immigration process in India & Canada without any hassles & let me enter canada??

or

1. Should I apply for a new passport in India before I travel to Canada?

2. In case I get my new passport, there will be a cancelled & returned stamp on my old passport. The immigrant visa & COPR will have been issued on the cancelled passport. Will there be any issue in this case when I land in Canada & go through the immigration & PR process?

3. In case I get my new passport, do I need to get the same updated on the COPR & Immigrant visa? If Yes, How?

I will be very thank full to you for helping me out in these queries urgently.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
what happened in your case ?
This is from Indian Consulate website.
I am Indian Passport holder and my passport has less then 6 months validity, Can I travel with this passport ?

A.
For any international travel Passport Must by valid for minimum 6 months, so you can not travel on this passport.

Reactions: Harshit99

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
do you have any information regarding the same ?
I will suggest you to apply for Tat Kal passport from india which will take 1-2 weeks to get . Carry both passport when you are travelling to Canada. It won’t be issue. For safe side, apply passport asap .

Harshit99

Feb 4, 2024
I will suggest you to apply for Tat Kal passport from india which will take 1-2 weeks to get . Carry both passport when you are travelling to Canada. It won’t be issue. For safe side, apply passport asap .
Yes , I will apply for Tatkal Passport; That means Visitor Visa on Old/Cancelled one will remain valid ? Need to carry both , Visa from old one with new one ? Is It confirmed i wont have any issue during the immigration .

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes , I will apply for Tatkal Passport; That means Visitor Visa on Old/Cancelled one will remain valid ? Need to carry both , Visa from old one with new one ? Is It confirmed i wont have any issue during the immigration .
Once they cancel your old passport it will become invalid but any visas or documents related to that passport will be valid. You should carry both passport while landing to Canada and show both passport to CBSA while landing. There won’t be any issues regarding this .

Harshit99

Feb 4, 2024
Once they cancel your old passport it will become invalid but any visas or documents related to that passport will be valid. You should carry both passport while landing to Canada and show both passport to CBSA while landing. There won’t be any issues regarding this .
Okey , thanks for your help . :)