+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PassPort validity less than 6 months need to land?

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
Hi
My wife passport is going to be expired in less than 6 months, she has her immigrant visa on it, she did not do the landing yet. So She got a new passport and she attach the old one with the visa to it. My question is: is this will not be a problem for her in the POE during her landing
Pleas I am waiting for ur comments especially from the people were in the same situation. And may God bless all

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amineae80 said:
Hi
My wife passport is going to be expired in less than 6 months, she has her immigrant visa on it, she did not do the landing yet. So She got a new passport and she attach the old one with the visa to it. My question is: is this will not be a problem for her in the POE during her landing
Pleas I am waiting for ur comments especially from the people were in the same situation. And may God bless all
The visa was issued with the old passport so she has to land before the expiry of her passport of medical which ever comes first.

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
thanx for the prompt unswer, but when she wants to buy the ticket, the agent said that she has to renew the passport, so she did and now she has two passport, the old one contain the visa so is it ok to enter canada with canceled passport with immigrant visa?

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amineae80 said:
thanx for the prompt unswer, but when she wants to buy the ticket, the agent said that she has to renew the passport, so she did and now she has two passport, the old one contain the visa so is it ok to enter canada with canceled passport with immigrant visa?
She should take both passports with her when landing and explain.

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
please anybody has the same experience?

sandyboy388

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012 done, received on 24-12-2012 and ecas updated 11-02-2013
Passport Req..
DM: April 25th and PPR: May 2nd
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
I'm curious to know what people did in this situation and what was their experience.

I hope the best for you amineae80. Please do keep us posted.

Cheers!

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
amineae80 said:
Hi
Hi amineae80!

I am now in the same situation as your wife. Can you tell what happened at port of entry in Canada? Did she face any problems having the new and old passports ? Thanks

Atand

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
no. no problem at all. she got already her pr card now ;)

sanjaysharma

May 5, 2015
amineae80 said:
Hi
Hi,
I have similar problem.
We got our Passport stamped with Single entry visa last month (i.e in May 2015) with validity until first week of Dec 2015 for my family.

I have query here
1) Is it require whole family to travel together? Or Main applicant can go first and then rest of the family can join before first week of Dec.
2) My son passport is valid until 5th Dec 2015. it has one Singly entry Canada visa which was stamped last month. will there be any issue in travelling or ticket booking because his passport would be valid for a period of less than 6 months. Planning to fly in Jul 2015.
3) Can I renew my son passport now? Would there be any issue in flying then with new passport.

Sanjay

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
hi
1. it doesn't mutter, u can go all together or if u want to go separately u can but the main applicant has to land first.
2. questions 2 & 3 are related to each other so to unswer i will tell u about my wife story, then u can have clear image about what u can do with ur son.
my wife was not the principle applicant and she got the visa but her passport validity was less than 6 months, we said no need to renew the passport and we tried to buy ticket, guess what? the flight agent said it s not allowed for them to sell tickets for passport with less than 6 months validity. so we renew the passport and we get new one PLUS the OLD ONE witch has the VISA and we put them together and everything was alright.

i hope i have answered ur question. and i wish good luck

sanjaysharma

May 5, 2015
amineae80 said:
hi
1. it doesn't mutter, u can go all together or if u want to go separately u can but the main applicant has to land first.
2. questions 2 & 3 are related to each other so to unswer i will tell u about my wife story, then u can have clear image about what u can do with ur son.
my wife was not the principle applicant and she got the visa but her passport validity was less than 6 months, we said no need to renew the passport and we tried to buy ticket, guess what? the flight agent said it s not allowed for them to sell tickets for passport with less than 6 months validity. so we renew the passport and we get new one PLUS the OLD ONE witch has the VISA and we put them together and everything was alright.

i hope i have answered ur question. and i wish good luck
Thanks... I got the ticket for my son. I talk to airline and they said as long as Canada authority do not have any issue , you can travel. There is no issue from their side. I think we can travel now as Airline does not have any issue.