Got ppr on: 4th May
Sent pp: 4th May
Recieved : 5th May
Final decision made:24th May
Tracker activated :24th May,arround 7:30pm est
Passport recieved back :25th Morning

Planning to do landing at niagra border in coming week

Best of luck to all .....finally long wait got over
Congrats! Do share your landing experience. I am planning to do it at Niagara too once I get my passport back.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
Please share your landing experience :)
Friends,

Those who have landed recently, could you please share your experience?

1. What documents were asked by an immigration officer? (COPR, Passport, valid visa, valid legal status document like work permit)
2. How did you do it?(at border flag pole, exit/entry mode, IRCC office)
3. How long was the process?
4. Is it a good idea to do it on weekend?
5. Do they update the SIN?

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Cheers,
I did my landing at Point Roberts / Boundary Bay in BC, Canada on May 27th.

1. Just bring all the documents that sent back to us by IRCC, ex: COPR and passport. You don't need to bring any work permit or previous study permits or even 2 photos with you. I don't know why some members even mention these.

2. Border flag pole. Even though I still have a valid US visa, the US border guard still asked me to come inside and gave me an administrative refusal.

3. Very short. Maybe around 20 mins in total. 5 mins at the US border guard office and 15 mins at Canada's.

4. I don't think so. I get off my work early at 12:00pm on a Friday, and still encountered a minor traffic jam at the border. If you want to do your landing on weekend. I suggest you arrive there really early.

5. No, you have to go to a Canada Service office to obtain a new SIN.

The funny thing is that, I felt more welcome at the US office than the Canada one, as the two US officers asked about my experience in Canada, how long I have been here, cracked a few jokes, and then even congrats me, while the Canadian officer who did my landing was a bit unhappy, I guess? he just checked my COPR, pointed me where to sign, and said : "That's it, it's done. Do you have any question?". I thanked him, and he just nodded.

Reactions: IrisLu and MAAN18

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I did my landing at Point Roberts / Boundary Bay in BC, Canada on May 27th.

1. Just bring all the documents that sent back to us by IRCC, ex: COPR and passport. You don't need to bring any work permit or previous study permits or even 2 photos with you. I don't know why some members even mention these.

2. Border flag pole. Even though I still have a valid US visa, the US border guard still asked me to come inside and gave me an administrative refusal.

3. Very short. Maybe around 20 mins in total. 5 mins at the US border guard office and 15 mins at Canada's.

4. I don't think so. I get off my work early at 12:00pm on a Friday, and still encountered a minor traffic jam at the border. If you want to do your landing on weekend. I suggest you arrive there really early.

5. No, you have to go to a Canada Service office to obtain a new SIN.

The funny thing is that, I felt more welcome at the US office than the Canada one, as the two US officers asked about my experience in Canada, how long I have been here, cracked a few jokes, and then even congrats me, while the Canadian officer who did my landing was a bit unhappy, I guess? he just checked my COPR, pointed me where to sign, and said : "That's it, it's done. Do you have any question?". I thanked him, and he just nodded.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. It really helps.

Reactions: MAAN18

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Hi Guys ,

I got PPR on 18th May , sent my passport to CIC on same day and it got delivered to CIC on 23rd of May.

Till today I don't have any update from CIC but it seems when I sent my passport with return envelop.
In PPR email , they have mentioned that do not mention any address on return envelop, but I have mentioned to address which is mine.

I just want to know that is there ant issue with this or it should be fine ? is anyone suffered from same situation?

eetocanada

May 18, 2017
Hi Guys ,

I got PPR on 18th May , sent my passport to CIC on same day and it got delivered to CIC on 23rd of May.

Till today I don't have any update from CIC but it seems when I sent my passport with return envelop.
In PPR email , they have mentioned that do not mention any address on return envelop, but I have mentioned to address which is mine.

I just want to know that is there ant issue with this or it should be fine ? is anyone suffered from same situation?
Hey,
My timeline is same as well. I haven't heard anything either. Dont worry about the address, not a big deal.
They usually cut the address from your annex a and stick it to the envelope as far as i know. So chill...

fayezhu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hey,
My timeline is same as well. I haven't heard anything either. Dont worry about the address, not a big deal.
They usually cut the address from your annex a and stick it to the envelope as far as i know. So chill...
same timeline, no updates. I called CIC last Friday, the agent told me there shouldnt be any issue at this point, just wait for the status update then the PP will return.

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Hey,
Thanks for the reply !

Lets update each other on our application status in this week.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
PPR: May 25th, 5:54 PM
PP Sent: May 25th, 8:30 PM
PP Delivered: May 29th, 10:23 AM

When can I expect to get it back? :)

mahmud2060

Feb 22, 2012
I did a mistake , I am in canada but accidentally sent the passport to the address(This address is for the USA Applicants who will sent passport to this address)
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

It should be sent to the following address (for the canadian applicants)

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

What should i do ??

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
I did a mistake , I am in canada but accidentally sent the passport to the address(This address is for the USA Applicants who will sent passport to this address)
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

What should i do ??
Relax, Nothing to worry about. Expect some delay (a day or two) but eventually you will get it. We have seen such cases in the past.

Reactions: mahmud2060

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Guys ,

My timelines are not so different, You are next buddy ;)

PPR - 16th May
PP Sent - 19th May
PP Delivered - 23rd May
Application Status changed to Approved - 29th May
Return Tracker not Activated

Reactions: MAAN18

justpeachy

Feb 9, 2017
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

What should i do ??
After reading your message I checked my envelope and I did the same thing. :( Have you had any luck calling? I've been trying and no luck. Would anyone recommend sending a CSE in just to be sure that they realize I sent it to the incorrect office?

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
My timelines are not so different, You are next buddy ;)

PPR - 16th May
PP Sent - 19th May
PP Delivered - 23rd May
Application Status changed to Approved - 29th May
Return Tracker not Activated
Thanks for the update :)

Just would like to know when it got updated ? Just now or in the morning ?