+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submitted - How long before we get it back (Erbil to - Amman Office)

barzanistan

Apr 6, 2017
Hello all, my wife finally got her request to submit her passport. We submitted it today to the VAC here in Erbil, Iraq. They said they were sending it to the embassy in Amman, Jordan.

We have already had flights booked leaving on the 28th of June. Does anybody have any estimate for when we might get the passport back? Alternatively is there anyone's office I can contact to potentially fast track her passport through the system?

I am able to reschedule the departure flight but at a bit of a financial penalty and I'd rather not do that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not familiar with the time estimates to get your wife's passport back.

One suggestion:
You can email the Amman visa office with copies of your flight tickets.... and request the VO for expedited visa printing/return of her passport

barzanistan

Apr 6, 2017
I spoke to the Ambassador and he said we should have enough time, but Eid will shutter the local visa office on the 26th and 27th. We're flying at 3am on the 28th of June. The passport was handed over to the Erbil visa office on June 14th.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That would be a close call. With Eid on the 26th and 27th, she may not get her passport back in time for the 3am flight.

Did you email the Amman visa office?

Alternatively, you may want to consider rescheduling your flight (depending on the reply from the visa office)