+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submit Request - LA Consulate Address

VisitCanadaRP

May 5, 2014
graysw said:
did you receive your passport yet?

i am wondering as i mailed my passport to LA consulate and they returned it with a letter saying they no longer receive passports from online application, i am trying to find out if the NY consulate is the same situation

thanks
Hello Graysw,

Can you please tell me on what happened with your application. I applied for Canada Visitor Visa online and got a request to send the original Passport. I was thinking of sending it to LA consulate instead of NY (thinking that LA is more quicker than NY).

Do LA consulate accept the passport for online application? Did you get your passport stamped?
Please reply ASAP.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

graysw

Mar 31, 2014
sorry for the late reply, hope i can still help

i did my application online and received passport request, and i thought the same like you (LA process faster), but that is not the case

i sent mine to LA and they returned it without stamping and told me to send through that VAC which require extra fees. so i emailed NY consulate and asked if they still accept passport and they replied me on apr 3rd that they still do.

it took the NY consulate about a week or so to stamp my passport but by sending to them, i save the extra fees to pay VAC

hope this helps

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
hi all ,

i have applied visiting visa to my in-laws through online from USA.they are on B1/B2 visa in usa and willing to visit canada in june.I have applied on April 4th through online for LA counslate and heard nothing back from them.I Did not receive any kind of mails except the confirmation of submission mail.
the processing time says 35 days ,is there anything i should concern ?

devnani

May 11, 2014
graysw said:
sorry for the late reply, hope i can still help

i did my application online and received passport request, and i thought the same like you (LA process faster), but that is not the case

i sent mine to LA and they returned it without stamping and told me to send through that VAC which require extra fees. so i emailed NY consulate and asked if they still accept passport and they replied me on apr 3rd that they still do.

it took the NY consulate about a week or so to stamp my passport but by sending to them, i save the extra fees to pay VAC

hope this helps
Hello, could you please send me an email address for the New York office? I applied on May 10th for my mom's visa and I need it back no later than June 15th since we're traveling on a cruise. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to go personally to either the New York or LA office to get the visa stamped on her passport once I get a request to send the passport. Thanks.

hakantoz

May 15, 2014
I also sent my passport to LA consulate office(el segundo, ca) and ended up in the USPS office with available for pickup information. I have contacted the consulate phone number and talked with an agent and they told me to email la-info@csc-cvac.com to notify them about the delivery...

They also told me that there is no direct line to the consulate other than the email...

study_2014

May 29, 2014
Not only we can't contact the consulate directly, we can't contact the VAC directly either.
The VAC call centre is not even in the US, and when I call them to follow up with my passport delivery request (which they have delayed for 3 days so far), they say they don't have specific information, I should keep checking the VAC website and "be patient", because VAC receives "loads of applications", and it may take them "several days" to "process" them.

I don't understand what exactly "processing" means here, and why something as simple as "sending passport with CIC request letter" to the Canadian consulate should be done through a third party, which charges you an extra $34 to delay the process by an extra week.

hakantoz said:
I also sent my passport to LA consulate office(el segundo, ca) and ended up in the USPS office with available for pickup information. I have contacted the consulate phone number and talked with an agent and they told me to email la-info @ csc-cvac.com to notify them about the delivery...

They also told me that there is no direct line to the consulate other than the email...

devnani

May 11, 2014
Hello all,
Here's a short cut to this entire process.. no need to go through the extra fees of CSC consular service or the VAC consent form etc.
I applied for my mom's visitors visa on the 10th of May (Saturday). On the 13th of May I got the email request to send passport. The link on the letter was directly to the Canadian immigration website. On the 14th of May, (after much debate and research about whether to send the passport to the LA or the NY consulate), I sent the passport with the submission letter via Fedex to the New York Consulate. YES, THEY DO ACCEPT PASSPORTS TO STAMP VISA. I also included the return prepaid Fedex envelope within this package.
The passport reached New York on the 16th (Friday). On the 20th (Tuesday) I got an email that my status was updated online. Checked and found that the application was closed and that the visa was approved. Received the stamped passport back via Fedex on the 22nd (Thursday). Total time from application to stamped passport was 12 days.
From what I'm reading online, the LA submission process is just an additional delay and expense. On the very first page of the CSC form that you download, it says that "the use of CSC's service is voluntary". It also says that CSC is not an agent of the Government of Canada and that it's a completely independent organization.
I hope this helps others who are caught in this predicament.

DipT

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks a lot Devnani for the latest details!

I am in the same situation and trying to make a decision on where to send my passport for stamping. My head is spinning since last 2 days after reading so many articles and referring to LA VAC website which I guess full of misleading information.
I think where I got confused is VAC in New York has closed but based on your reply New York Consulate still accept the Passport to stamp Visa.

After reading couple of blogs on web I understood that we have two options to send our passport for stamping.
- Send passport along with MyCIC letter and prepaid return envelope directly to Consulate OR
- Send your passport through VAC

I am planning to send it directly to NY Consulate and Will post more details once my case closed.

sonny9001

Jul 14, 2014
Hi,

thanks for sharing your experiences. I am planning to send the passport in a day or two. Is there anyone who has got the application completed in July 2014 itself? this way i can be sure that they are still accepting passports.

Also, can someone please tell me the address which they used to send passport?

Thanks,
Vishal

Senthil06

Dec 18, 2013
Hi,

I'm planning to send our passport to NY office, Just want to make sure Can I include mine and my wife's passport in same package and one prepaid envelope for both cases or I need to send it separately ?

Thanks,
Senthil

Senthil06

Dec 18, 2013
Devnani,

Did you sent your passport to the below address once your got the email to send the passport?

Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, New York 10020-1175

Pls respond.

Thanks,
Senthil

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Hi Sentil,

I am same situation, waiting for sending our passports to embassy..could you please share on how you submitted ur Passports?