+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission for stamping from UAE to India.

MyDream123

Jan 1, 2015
Hi
I have applied for Canada visa through lawyer in Canada.Last week i have received the Passport Request letter from the CHC for stamping.It need to submit the passport in New Delhi through VFS .Presently I am staying in Abu Dhabi,UAE with my family so i can not submit the Passport in VFS Office in India since i can not come back to UAE without the Passport.Even I can not courier the passport to India as Person since its against the Law.

Can I submit the Passport in VFS Abu Dhabi office for the Visa Stamping .

Is there any other way for that.Any one might have come across the same situation ...

Please help me..since i need to submit the passport before 20th Jan 2015.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I am not sure what's the proper answer for this, but i just want to give you a Heads Up, DO NOT MAIL/ POST YOUR PASSPORT FOR STAMPING ! It's illegal to send your Indian passport via post from one country to other ! You can get your family member or friend from UAE to take it by hand to deposit it, but make sure you provide a letter saying that you have authorized the individual to take your passport, don't forget to put the reference/ file number of your case on the authorization letter, anyways you will submit a copy of Passport Submission letter along with passport, photocopy the Passport Submission letter and hand it over to your friend/ family member who will take the passport.
Also make sure you keep the copies the flight tickets (of the family or friend) and the authorization letter with you for future.

One of the real incidence i had heard about is that one couple mailed their document from abroad to India and after it got stamped (after 2 months) their parents sent it via mail back to the country abroad where they were living, after receiving the passport with PR stamp the couple traveled to India and then further got ready to fly from Delhi to Canada. at the airport the Indian Immigration officer asked them to prove that the document was not mailed or sent via post, they were not able to provide any proof (In this case the proof could be the flight tickets/ boarding passed of flights which they could have booked for their friend or family member to take the passport to India), they got in some real big toruble and i think they paid heavy fine or something to avoid getting jailed, but they were not able to fly that day

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
MyDream123 said:
Hi
I have applied for Canada visa through lawyer in Canada.Last week i have received the Passport Request letter from the CHC for stamping.It need to submit the passport in New Delhi through VFS .Presently I am staying in Abu Dhabi,UAE with my family so i can not submit the Passport in VFS Office in India since i can not come back to UAE without the Passport.Even I can not courier the passport to India as Person since its against the Law.

Can I submit the Passport in VFS Abu Dhabi office for the Visa Stamping .

Is there any other way for that.Any one might have come across the same situation ...

Please help me..since i need to submit the passport before 20th Jan 2015.
Hi,

It's correct that it is illegal to ship Indian PP via courier but there is a elevation in that it depends where you are shipping from and to which country.

Like last year I sent my PP to LVO, UK from DXB as I opted my VO as London not NDLS as I knew that someday I will be into this situation.

So FedEx accepted my PP and delivered it to London, as it is legally allowed within UAE and London but not in INDIA.

I know 2 cases same as yours, they shipped their PP by some one they know with the authority letter, and the same way they get it back, technically speaking this is also illegal. But no one will come to know, as this is just a booklet not a metal stuff which will be detected by metal detector. So most of the people in your situation left with only this option.

Or if you want you can try out this thing but this can delay your visa stamping, send a CSE or reply to your PPR email stating your situation and ask for stamping in AUH VO.

Hope that helps. ATB!