+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamps Translation

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
My passport has a lot of stamps from Middle East in Arabic & i read that i don't need to pay to a translator if a friend can translate and notarize them.
Does anyone has any format on how they need to be translated and how to notarize them?

Thanks

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
You mentioned without certified translator but it's on letterhead of a company. Can I ask my friend to print on plain paper ?

Here is an example of translation without certified translator:

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
You mentioned without certified translator but it's on letterhead of a company. Can I ask my friend to print on plain paper ?
Certified translators are the members of translation associations with licenses. In the sample, the translator is not certified translator but from a immigrant service company, that's why it has to have affidavit. The CIC requirements don't say the translator has to be from a company, only must not be family related.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Thanks
I have some visas from Saudi in Arabic. Do i also need to translate those visas?
Also, some entry exit stamp dates are in Hijri Calendar. Do i need to translate them to Georgian Calendar?

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
Thanks
I have some visas from Saudi in Arabic. Do i also need to translate those visas?
Also, some entry exit stamp dates are in Hijri Calendar. Do i need to translate them to Georgian Calendar?
I am also from Middle East, my passport is full of Arabic stamps and visas.
I translated them myself [stamps and visas] and asked a friend review them in person.
He then signed an affidavit in front of a notary public that he speaks arabic and english and that the attached translation is a true representation.
It was on plain paper no letter head.
It cost me about $ 50 in fees to the notary.

PS: I did this for a renewal of PR not for citizenship application.

Reactions: theonlyone1

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
I am also from Middle East, my passport is full of Arabic stamps and visas.
I translated them myself [stamps and visas] and asked a friend review them in person.
He then signed an affidavit in front of a notary public that he speaks arabic and english and that the attached translation is a true representation.
It was on plain paper no letter head.
It cost me about $ 50 in fees to the notary.

PS: I did this for a renewal of PR not for citizenship application.
Can you please send me the template ?

dr-kk

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a loy