+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamped with Visa for Canada - Pakistan Passport -

coast2coast

May 30, 2009
Hi Forum,

My spouse got her passport stamped with Visa Entry for Canada. ( Pakistani Passport )

Now my question is does she have to travel on a direct flight to Canada?

Or can she travel in transit via UK / Germany etc, as on her passport she only has visa for Canada.

Reason i ask, is that i've heard that when u are coming for the first time, for one to stop in a country for

transit, they must have a transit visa example for UK / Germany etc....

Your thoughts pls... much appreciated.

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coast2coast said:
Hi Forum,

My spouse got her passport stamped with Visa Entry for Canada. ( Pakistani Passport )

Or can she travel in transit via UK / Germany etc, as on her passport she only has visa for Canada.

Reason i ask, is that i've heard that when u are coming for the first time, for one to stop in a country for

Congratulations! for the visa,, Inorder to travel indirect you need to obtain a transit visa to be at safer side in case immigration of transit country do not give u hard time. This is just my openion, I suggest you to ask Airline to confirm it. Could you share your time line with us when your spouse applied for PR and how long it took? Your spouse is a wife or husband? I would request u to shere some information with us if you dont mind cuz many of us suffering and waiting to get any news from CHC Isb. Thanks

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe If we change the AirCraft from the transit Location than most probably YES visa is required.

OR if the Aircraft is going to remained the same but its is staying for loading and unloading passenger from that location plus fuel refill than in that case all the passenger will remain inside the aircraft than NO visa is required,same happened to me when I came to Canada 1st time it was a transit flight through Amsterdam.

Again you can check with your travel agent and congrats... for VISA.

Cheers

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She will need a transit visa for most European countries. She should ask at the embassy of the country she will be going through. She can ask her travel agent too. They won't let her on the plane if she doesn't have the transit visas necessary.

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation...

may i ask some thing...

My wife is from Canada and i am from Pakistan few days back we married in Pakistan now she went back to Canada
i just want to ask we are going to submit our forms for my sponsorship but there is a thing she is confused

1, does she need married declaration some where else in Canada before submit the application in to immigration for my sponsorship (she lives in Toronto)

thanks

Ray Masood

z4s

Jul 3, 2010
Hi Ray.

No your wife does not need to declare marriage in toronto. i got married in feb 2010 and has already submitted my hubby's application.

I have only submitted original marriage certificate along with other documents. My sponsorship has approved and we got AOR from CHC-ISB.

thanks
z4s

Raymasood said:
Congratulation...

may i ask some thing...

My wife is from Canada and i am from Pakistan few days back we married in Pakistan now she went back to Canada
i just want to ask we are going to submit our forms for my sponsorship but there is a thing she is confused

1, does she need married declaration some where else in Canada before submit the application in to immigration for my sponsorship (she lives in Toronto)

thanks

Ray Masood

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my Nikah too last year in Aug and Sponsered my spouse in December last year. Your sponser doesnt need to declare marriage yet.

One you reunite in Canada than YES you need to fill out a STATUS CHANGE form for Taxation purpose.

Wellcome on the board & good luck with your case.

Cheers.

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
As far as i know Transit Visa is only require if you are going to stay in the city, if she's landing in UK to take a different flight then she will not need a transit visa (as long as she stays inside the airport)

B

bestplace4u

coast2coast said:
Hi Forum,

Where she is traveling from in Pakistan (City) and to your city?

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
she can take a direct flight to Canada but if you have a transit in UK or anywhere else you require a visa and that visa is normally supplied by the travel agent you are using, of-course you have to pay the visa fee :)
coast2coast said:
Hi Forum,

B

bestplace4u

shaimaa said:
she can take a direct flight to Canada but if you have a transit in UK or anywhere else you require a visa and that visa is normally supplied by the travel agent you are using, of-course you have to pay the visa fee :)
No Shaimaa i have been traveling alot my whole life if u r not leaving the airport u need no visa even for the UK.
As far as your transit is within the airport u r good to go without any visa.

Sana Hasan

Aug 9, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2009
AOR Received.
06-06-2009
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
coast2coast said:
Hi,

Applied in July 2009

Got Visa in Aug. 2010

No Interview needed.
Hello coast2coast.. congrats! can you please tell me how long did it take for the CHC-ISB to send back the passport with the visa after they asked you to submit it?

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
congrats...r u a citizen or a pr? does the time fr processing differ?

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but when my wife called to immigration then the telephone operator told her the form "RC65" this is for you marriage declaration ......if its not important then why is that ......