+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamp translation

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Guys,

I have some entry / exit stamps on my passport which need to be translated from arabic to english. I am staying in Ontario. Does it considered an issue for the immigration officer if I used the translation service of a company in British Columbia.

I found one good rate through online but the translation company is not located in Ontario. I am concern if this could trigger the officer to say why I go for a company not located in Ontario, and if i did this will it be accepted for the officer taking in consideration that they are certified translator

Kindly advice

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it doesn't look like a big issue but I would go for translation in Toronto even if it costs a little more. The process is complicated enough like this. Don't give them any chance to be suspicious.
Check with the Arab association in Mississauga I think they offer good rates for translations. I remember they charged me $ 20 for a document while other were asking for $100 or $150.
even if you pay some xtra money you'll save yourself a lot of headache.
I'm sure those with RQ now wish they have done things differently.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I have the contact details of the Arab association in Mississauga? Thanks.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
osamaamany said:
Guys,

I have some entry / exit stamps on my passport which need to be translated from arabic to english. I am staying in Ontario. Does it considered an issue for the immigration officer if I used the translation service of a company in British Columbia.

I found one good rate through online but the translation company is not located in Ontario. I am concern if this could trigger the officer to say why I go for a company not located in Ontario, and if i did this will it be accepted for the officer taking in consideration that they are certified translator

Kindly advice

You do not need certified translators or translation company! Anyone, but a family member, can translate and sign an affidavit. A friend of mine did so and had everything successful. This is an extract from the citizenship application guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp:

"Translated documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
•the English or French translation; and
•an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

Family member is defined as being a: parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Original documents may be requested later in the process by an officer. To avoid delays in the processing of your application, please ensure that you have all the original documents available should an officer request to see them."

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any suggestion for getting the affidavit (lawyer?) and charges involved?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Aspat said:
Any suggestion for getting the affidavit (lawyer?) and charges involved?
You need to look for a commissioner of oath and I believe some notary public do so.

It should not be expensive since it is just a form that the translator will fill and get it stamped by the commissioner/notary.

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Rasool DabanIndependent

Home Details
6562 Treviso Terrace
Mississauga
ON
L5N 4K2
Canada
Phone: (905) 819-0152
Mobile: (416) 450-4510

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
there is a translator here in montreal ;
M. FAKHREDDINE, Ph D.
3409, Rue Jean-Talon Est, Bureau 3
Montréal (Québec) H2A 1W7
Téléphone : (514) 721-8282
he has very chaep prices: 4$ per stamp
but you can also ask any of your freinds to translate and sign
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
Can I have the contact details of the Arab association in Mississauga? Thanks.
http://www.arabcommunitycentre.com/Locations-new_en.php

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know where to go for this service in Vancouver? Thanks

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
osamaamany said:
Guys,

Kindly advice
Yesterday, I gave my test at ST.Clair and passed 20/20.
After interview and verification of docs, I got a letter from CIC to submit all non English or french stamps/visa's to be translated into english or french.
Today i went to Dixie Bloor neighborhood center, Mississauga. They do translate Passports Monday to Fri 9-12 and 2-4. Sat and Sun closed. You should have a letter from CIC requesting translated copies. They will do it free.
If you live close by try this. Good luck.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a few stamps in Arabic because I was given Hotel to stay during transit (which was over 8 hours) in Dubai by Emirates Airlines. These were not VISA by the country rather entry/exit stamps by UAE immigration.

Do I need to translate these pages? If YES, then when will I need them?