+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamp Request to Oath

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hello Folks!

Got a disappointing update on my file -- disappointing insofar as my expectation of receiving an oath invite right about now.

What I mean to say is that on May 6th, I received an email from IRCC requesting Passport Stamps. I had already completed my test on February 28th & my status updated to reflect that on March 1st. Therefore, I have been waiting around 2 months with no response. Thus, upon seeing the e-mail, I jumped in joy believing I finally received my oath invite. Alas, as is it often is, and so it was: Boohoo IRCC :(

After fighting the sudden disinterest in my citizenship application, I got around to photocopying all my passport pages and expedited the delivery as much as I could. The document has arrived at IRCC today i.e., May 13th.

How long does it take from here to there; from sending the passport stamps to receiving an invite? Some older posts say a month; others a couple of months. I would appreciate a personal anecdote on this timeline -- in particular a more recent one.

And for others in this abysmal carriage, rant alongside me while we wait for the terminal stop on this seemingly never-ending immigration train.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
There is no clear timeline. It depends on your citizenship office. If it is London or Scarborough, expect to wait months while they take on more files than they can handle and/or "work" at snail speed.

• Wow
Reactions: BOYX

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello BOYX

Sorry to hear about it. Like what wksj mentioned, there is no clear timeline on the steps. I took the test on Oct 2021, the passport scans was requested in Nov 2021. My scans reached them towards the end of Nov 2021 but i didnt receive any updates after that.

Patience is key for this whole process. I hope your application moves soon

• Angry
Reactions: BOYX

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
There is no clear timeline. It depends on your citizenship office. If it is London or Scarborough, expect to wait months while they take on more files than they can handle and/or "work" at snail speed.
Awesome, it's Scarborough :D

Guess I'll just move on and not think too much about the oath invite.

Hello BOYX

Sorry to hear about it. Like what wksj mentioned, there is no clear timeline on the steps. I took the test on Oct 2021, the passport scans was requested in Nov 2021. My scans reached them towards the end of Nov 2021 but i didnt receive any updates after that.

Patience is key for this whole process. I hope your application moves soon
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope yours moves soon too man :/

Reactions: rishisingh86

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Hello Folks!

Got a disappointing update on my file -- disappointing insofar as my expectation of receiving an oath invite right about now.

What I mean to say is that on May 6th, I received an email from IRCC requesting Passport Stamps. I had already completed my test on February 28th & my status updated to reflect that on March 1st. Therefore, I have been waiting around 2 months with no response. Thus, upon seeing the e-mail, I jumped in joy believing I finally received my oath invite. Alas, as is it often is, and so it was: Boohoo IRCC :(

After fighting the sudden disinterest in my citizenship application, I got around to photocopying all my passport pages and expedited the delivery as much as I could. The document has arrived at IRCC today i.e., May 13th.

How long does it take from here to there; from sending the passport stamps to receiving an invite? Some older posts say a month; others a couple of months. I would appreciate a personal anecdote on this timeline -- in particular a more recent one.

And for others in this abysmal carriage, rant alongside me while we wait for the terminal stop on this seemingly never-ending immigration train.
Hi
How long after your replied to their passport did you hear back from them.?
or how long until your application was updated?