+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Sent to Buffalo via Fort Erie

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent the passport 2 days ago to the Fort Erie office by XPresspost. However, I got notification today that the Delivery was attempted today but was not successful. A delivery notice card was left indicating where to pick up the parcel.

Now I am worried if they will ever bother to pick it from the post office. I know it is a Post Office dropbox in Fort Eerie where the package was supposed to go to.

Can someone let me know what can I do now to make sure that the passport reaches them?

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
You are right, they might clearly not bother to pick up the PP.

What you could possibly do as much as I understand from what you explain is contact your courier service, ask them whats up with the mail fail delivery and tell them that you want it delivered even if you have to pay more $$.. Just talk to them and tell them how urgent it is and how theres a drop box they could have possibly put the package in may be...

If theres absolutely nothing they can do and you have some time within which you can send the PP back, ask them to send it back to you ASAP and use FedEx or some other reliable carrier..IMHO. Courier people are mostly very flexible and usually offer great support. Tell them the package had some highly confidential documents.

All the best.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
Double-check your PPR, mine clearly states that the Ft. Erie address will NOT accept courier deliveries. You must send your passport via Canada Post if sending to the Ft Erie Immigration Program Centre.

If you sent it Canada Post Xpresspost, and are still having problems, then I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure the local Canada Post people deal with a ton of mail for Ft Erie - maybe the receiver for the Program Centre was out that day??

At any rate, if the package continues to not be delivered, it should be returned to sender (that's you).