+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport sent over 30 days after receiving the passport request email = refusal?

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
My wife applied the visitor visa online and received her original passport request email on 17th July. She has to use her passport to travel abroad in mid and late July, so she sent her passport on 2nd August and it was delivered this morning on 8th August to Canadian High Commission (CHC) in London, which is 22 days after the date of the request letter.

We saw the letter says that the passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) within 30 days of the letter, otherwise it could result in refusal of the application.

We are not sure if my wife's passport can be received by CIC in time in order not to miss this 30-day deadline. Because I am wondering when the passport can be regarded as "received" by CIC, is it the date of delivery (today) to CHC in London, or the date they actually process the visa stamping.

We don't know if her application will be refused if they start finalize her application after 16th August (quite likely I suppose), which is 30 days after the request letter.

Does anyone have any clue, many thanks!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chris hi hand,

CIC is the London CHC which issues the visa. Don't worry you wife's passport s still within the 30 days notice.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Doda said:
Hi Chris hi hand,

CIC is the London CHC which issues the visa. Don't worry you wife's passport s still within the 30 days notice.
Thanks for your answer. I just wonder how they count this 30 days. If they regard 'receive' as the time delivered to the CHC (which is 8 Aug), then it's ok; but if they regard 'receive' as the time they start looking at her passport and finalise her application (very likely over 30 days), then we may be in trouble.

A bit worried about it.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry... they usually process the visas in 5 - 7 days, and once they receive it, they work on it the second day from my experience.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Doda said:
Don't worry... they usually process the visas in 5 - 7 days, and once they receive it, they work on it the second day from my experience.
Many thanks Doda.

You mean they normally stamp the visas on the passports 5 - 7 days after they receive it, right?

To my understanding, as long as it is delivered to CHC in London less than 30 days then it's ok, even if it is more than 30 days when they start working on visa stamping. Am I correct?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you are. Don't worry.

sssmmm1234

Aug 12, 2013
I received passport request today August 18, but the letter is dated as July 24. I had to leave to
India and will be back only by September 12. I have to send it to Abu Dhabi. Don't know what to do now.

simrannkaur

Aug 20, 2013
sssmmm1234 said:
I received passport request today August 18, but the letter is dated as July 24. I had to leave to
India and will be back only by September 12. I have to send it to Abu Dhabi. Don't know what to do now.
you can send ur pp on 12sept. you are still in 30 day time frame.

dübendorfer

Sep 5, 2013
Dear All,

I recieved "Original Passport Request" on 13 August.
I applied from Switzerland and I sent my Passport to Paris VISA Office.
Then, I got a letter in myCIC regarding approval of my Temporary Work Permit.
But I did not recieve my passport yet!

I filled Case Specific form and also I sent email to paris-im.visitor @ international.gc.ca but no response.

Paris VISA Office has no phone, Does any body have any idea how can I get my passport back?

Best,
D.