Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi All
Me and my husband is little frustrated about our case. My husband got a passport request on Aug 10 and he mailed it out the same day. Since then we have not received anything and there is no change in ecas status so far. I have been reading other people post and most passports are coming back with Visa stamped within 3 weeks. It is now 5 weeks and we are bit worried.
Please advice....Thanks

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Not all visa offices process things at the same speed. Some take months to return your passport, so there's no need to worry just yet.

Which visa office is handling your case?

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
It is at New Delhi

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Hmmm, New Delhi is usually quick to issue the visa. Perhaps it got delayed because the background checks took longer than expected (might happen if the applicant lived in several different countries). Also, I hope you have a mailing address in India, because New Delhi will not send the passport outside of the country.

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Yes, My husband lived in England for about 10 months last year on work permit and still have visa until next year. We sent Police clearence certificate with passport as they asked for it.
He also applied for permanent residence in 2008 on point system. He sent a letter to withdraw his previous application before I sponsored him. He never received any letter stating it was cancelled and now when we check his status both application status are on same file#. He had also mentioned his previous PR App File # on his current PR application and also that he have already sent a letter to withdraw.
Our timelines are as follows
Application sent: May 20
Received: May 26
Decision made: June 17
PR App in process: July 07
Passport request: Aug 10

Thanks

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Oh and yea we have an address in India for mailing and my husband is also still in India

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
When processing, CIC does their own background checks on every applicant. Well, actually CSIS does it for them. In that process, they contact every country where the applicant lived for 6 months or more, that's why it could take a while. Though I would think England would be quite quick with those.

Anyway, it's not been too long yet. I would wait a couple more weeks and then if you still have no news, contact New Delhi and ask for a status update. I know of at least one person who got an answer from them through email.
How did you send the passport? Do you have confirmation it was delivered? If not, maybe contact them right away and just ask for confirmation that they received it.
When contacting them, make sure you include the applicant's name and the immigration file number of his app. You can try the case specific enquiry, link can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mitamata said:
When processing, CIC does their own background checks on every applicant. Well, actually CSIS does it for them. In that process, they contact every country where the applicant lived for 6 months or more, that's why it could take a while. Though I would think England would be quite quick with those.

Anyway, it's not been too long yet. I would wait a couple more weeks and then if you still have no news, contact New Delhi and ask for a status update. I know of at least one person who got an answer from them through email.
How did you send the passport? Do you have confirmation it was delivered? If not, maybe contact them right away and just ask for confirmation that they received it.
When contacting them, make sure you include the applicant's name and the immigration file number of his app. You can try the case specific enquiry, link can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp
If you look at Trackitt, you will see that it takes about 6 weeks for the passport to be returned from ND.

PMM

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Thank you very much Mitamata and PMM for your help

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
I e-mailed delhi CHC on Sept 18 and they replied today that they have rec'd my husband's passport and file is pending for final review by officer and they will contact the applicant is they need more documents or information or passport will be returned with Visa. I guess all me and husband need is tons of patience for waiting for final verdict.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
has anyone had their passport requested then denied??
i would think if they are asking for passport then they pretty much made a decision and just finishing up paperwork, no?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Al.Abed said:
has anyone had their passport requested then denied??
i would think if they are asking for passport then they pretty much made a decision and just finishing up paperwork, no?
No, the passport request is not a guarantee of a visa -- they tell you that specifically in the letter that comes with the passport request. But in most cases, the passport request usually means you will get the visa. My husband's passport was requested by New Delhi CHC and then returned to him a month later with a request for a 2nd police certificate (there was an error on the original). Once he sent that in and we waited, they requested his passport a 2nd time and he got the visa then. So it does happen that they request your passport and then you don't get the visa. If something came up in their background check too that would be another reason why you may not get the visa.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
It seems inefficient to request a passport and only then do a background check. CIC already has the copy of the passport submitted with the application, and can do a backgoround check any time. If CIC needs something more official than a copy, then ask that the passport copy to be notarized.

SHeesh!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, sometimes New Deli office request the passport to do further background check, don't understand why, but I have read it several time on the forum. I guess when they have made up their mind and come with a desicion, they will send a Passport request letter, but even on that they say very clear: that doesn't means that the visa is guaranted. Only when you receive an email or letter saying: the visa is affixed on your passport, do arrangement to pick it up...only then you can be sure that you are done.
good luck

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
It seems inefficient to request a passport and only then do a background check. CIC already has the copy of the passport submitted with the application, and can do a backgoround check any time. If CIC needs something more official than a copy, then ask that the passport copy to be notarized.

SHeesh!!
That wouldn't' make sense. You could have travelled out of the country since the time that you submitted your application, so photocopies of your passport whether notarized or not would be useless.