+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport return time line of Singapore Office

midnight

Nov 1, 2009
Hi.. Can some one tell me how long it takes to get back passport from Singapore office to Dhaka office?
I am from Bangladesh. It's been 7.5 weeks since my husband submitted his passport to Dhaka office. They told him that it will take about 8 weeks to receive his passport with visa. Today is Tuesday in Dhaka and still there is no news. The 8 week time line will be finish on 29th April.
Any kind of information will help.
Thank you all.

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi:

Below is the timeline for my wife's passport submission and return:

25 March 2010 - Passport Submitted to CHC- Bangladesh for Visa (passport will be sent internally to CHC-Singapore)

08 April 2010 - Visa Issued/stampped by CHC Singapore

11 April 2010 - eCAS changed to "Decision Made" for my wife's PR application. Looks like systems is updated on Sunday.

13 April 2010 - Passport Pickup Letter Produced by CHC Bangladesh

19 April 2010 - Passport Letter Mailed by CHC Bangladesh

20 April 2010 - Letter received by Spouse (Registered Letter)

25 April 2010 - Passport Received with COPR by Spouse from CHC Bangladesh.

Did the eCAS changed status to Decision Made. If so, then you might want to contact CHC- Bangladesh. I called them initially and then I was asked to email the mission using the email add available through CIC website.

tulip11

Apr 27, 2010
HI midnight,
I am in the same boat as you are my husband in bangladesh submitted almost over 5 weeks passport in abngladehs adn hsi decison in ecas is nt cahnged liek rest of the otehr people im really concerned too.
Please let em know if your husbands status is changes to " decisiion made" or not please keep me posted as soona s you hear anythignf orm immigration I will do too.

Can anyoen advise me my hsubands status didnt cahnge yet to " decision made" its been over 5 weeks please any suggestions will be greatly apprecaited. please shobai dua korben

midnight

Nov 1, 2009
Hi
My husbands status shows decision made more than almost 4 weeks. He submitted his passport more than 8 weeks but no news yet. I email to Singapore, they have me very vague answer "We have sent passports to our Dhaka office last week. They will contact you for collection." But when my husband went to Dhaka CHC, they informed him that they did not receive his passport from Singapore.
I wrote another mail to Singapore, but did not receive any mail from them yet.
I have seen people submitting later than him and got the visa.
I do not know any thing any more.
Sorry to reply late.
Valo thakben.

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi Midnight:

I suggest you take the case to your local MP office. They can inquire directly through Ottawa (CIC head office or Minister's Office) as well to any embassy. You will get prompt and accurate answer through them. Take all the documentation (incl. email printout) that you have. Might as well ask your husband to send any paper that he has or at least the copy of the letter that was stampped when passport was submitted.

Hope that your case will be solved soon