+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

Jan 9, 2024
Hello, I applied for spousal open work permit. I did biometrics on November 7,2023. I haven't received any message to send my passport (also my kids) . What could be the reason for the delay?

Favour,
Nigeria

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I applied for spousal open work permit. I did biometrics on November 7,2023. I haven't received any message to send my passport (also my kids) . What could be the reason for the delay?

Favour,
Nigeria
So what did your kids apply for? So you received approval with all stages completed (eligibility, background, medicals)? Where do you live? Who lives in Canada and on what permit with expiry?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024
So what did your kids apply for? So you received approval with all stages completed (eligibility, background, medicals)? Where do you live? Who lives in Canada and on what permit with expiry?
My kids applied for visitors visa. I haven't received any approval yet. I live in Nigeria. My husband lives in Canada and has a students work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My kids applied for visitors visa. I haven't received any approval yet. I live in Nigeria. My husband lives in Canada and has a students work permit
If kids are school age then should be applying for a study permit. Processing will take at least 12 weeks so all you can do is wait. You are within normal processing times. When does husband’s studies finish? Did you show funds to support a family of 4.

Reactions: God's favourite
Jan 9, 2024
If kids are school age then should be applying for a study permit. Processing will take at least 12 weeks so all you can do is wait. You are within normal processing times. When does husband’s studies finish? Did you show funds to support a family of 4.
Hubby's studies will be finishing by March, 2024. Yes we showed proof of fund

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hubby's studies will be finishing by March, 2024. Yes we showed proof of fund
So your SOWP will not likely be processed because his studies finish in 2 months. IRCC doesn’t process if studies ending within 6 months. So if you don’t get response by March, then reapply when he applies and is eligible for PGWP.

Jan 9, 2024
Please can I chat with you in private. Are you on WhatsApp? Or how can we chat privately?

Jan 9, 2024
I just wanted you to clarify me on some certain things that I wouldn't want to ask openly here that's all. I like the way you attend to every question asked here.