+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT REQUEST

majieallison

Jun 6, 2014
Hello everyone!!

Im am now in Canada and i am a Foreign Temporary Worker. I have applied my 2 yr old son for visitor visa,
I made an application submitted via online with the application of Temporary Visit Visa Made outside Canada since my son is
in the Philippines now. I have received an update from my cic account and says Request for Original Passport, theres no letter attache
or even a note until when should i submit the passport, and where should it be submitted? is it in Canada Immigration or in the Philippine Visa office?
also what does it mean if they request an original copy of passport?

I hope to hear from anyone,

Thank u so much in advance!

Regards,

Majie

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hello! Yes you would submit it to Canadian Embassy Manila through VFS Manila.

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Philippines/

Newbie 2013

Apr 15, 2013
SK, CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kabayan! Did u apply online? My parents just got their passport request last week and the letter is attached on the passport request link thru cic, when u open ur online application and click the "open message" link, it will shows the letter which says passport should be submitted within 30 days from the day u got the passport req message.,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
majieallison said:
Hello everyone!!

Im am now in Canada and i am a Foreign Temporary Worker. I have applied my 2 yr old son for visitor visa,
I made an application submitted via online with the application of Temporary Visit Visa Made outside Canada since my son is
in the Philippines now. I have received an update from my cic account and says Request for Original Passport, theres no letter attache
or even a note until when should i submit the passport, and where should it be submitted? is it in Canada Immigration or in the Philippine Visa office?
also what does it mean if they request an original copy of passport?

I hope to hear from anyone,

Thank u so much in advance!

Regards,

Majie

Charmaine Frances already answered, but in the passport request letter itself, there is this link that you have to click that tells you where to submit:

http://cic.gc.ca/submit

pinay172

Apr 28, 2016
Hi! My Father just got his passport request and I'm wondering how much fee would be included with the passport (bank draft, managers checque$ If its personal drop-off? I do really appreciate your help. I read the innstruction but I cant really understand which payment my dad needs to prepare. Thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
pinay172 said:
Hi! My Father just got his passport request and I'm wondering how much fee would be included with the passport (bank draft, managers checque$ If its personal drop-off? I do really appreciate your help. I read the innstruction but I cant really understand which payment my dad needs to prepare. Thanks!
Depends if he will pick up his passport at VFS or have it mailed to his house:
605 for personal pickup, OR
890 for courier return.

pinay172

Apr 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
Depends if he will pick up his passport at VFS or have it mailed to his house:
605 for personal pickup, OR
890 for courier return.
Thank you so much dear.
Does this mean he could bring the passport in the embassy but wont wait get it with stamp the same day? Nway, thank you dear. As i check the vfs webaite, i cant find the amount that you said, its good to know and a a great relief to know the exact amount thru you.
I have one more question, my dad needs accompany and guide in submitting or filling up forms as he submit his passport personally. Do the one that will accompany him will need to sign the authorization designation form? I will appreciate reply. Thank you so much!