+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
ok i see. well it is really strange. However, if you could write an email to them, maybe they will give you an idea of what is going on at moment.Don't even try to call, coz i'm not sure they can answer your calls.Also, have you changed your address since then? probably you could check in your old address.

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
Hello china,

We have sent them email,fax many times but no reply.

Thanks
Smiss9

Chinaconnection said:
ok i see. well it is really strange. However, if you could write an email to them, maybe they will give you an idea of what is going on at moment.Don't even try to call, coz i'm not sure they can answer your calls.Also, have you changed your address since then? probably you could check in your old address.

AMD

Jan 17, 2009
Dear Friends,

Its always better to go to the consulate office personally after the PP request. As they stamp the PP same day and give it to you with CPR. That what I did and got my PP visa stamped, no waiting game.

Thanks
AMD

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Congrats Chinaconnection! at least your waiting game is over......

Anyway, Smiss.. 4 months?!?! oh noh! that's too long... You know what, Im wondering why they do keep our passport that long.. just like in my case, even though I want to ,I cannot go out of the country at all..

Just hope that we'll receive our passport soon! :)

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello AMD,

Here in China, there is no room for individual passport pick up. All passports will be sent to applicants by mail.

Mitche,

Infact, unless i receive the passports i wouldn't celebrate anything. It is not that i am being perssimistic, but just tired of waiting for the passport. The online status shows the case is finalised, since 5 days ago, presently,we don't know whether the visas have been issued or not. I think finalised should mean your visa has been either denied or issued. So i'm lost

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Please can someone educate me on the meaning of FINALISED in terms of immigration procedure ?

Does it mean your visa has been iussued or not ? Thanks

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
passport will be returned in a month or at the most in 2 months time... you are given an idea as to when are you expected to leave.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Lehcar,

Thanks for the info. Do you think if they are to deny you a visa they would still keep your passport for that length of time? I learnt that FINALISED does not neccessarily mean they will give you a visa. It only means your case has been finalised for approval or denial.

Not until i receive the passports with visas will i be excited.

Thanks

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Case Finalized means are positive. Dont worry, soon you will have your passport with visa stamped. get ready for fly toward your new homeland.

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
Same boat as mine, they still have our passportes. I have to see it with my eyes but i'm positive that we'll land in Canada within the year so cheers ! Dont worry ...

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Mitchie, Mahharouff, Lehcar,

I will surely keep you updated with my status. I also learned from a friend that it is normal to keep the passports for up to 8 weeks. And as you know , now is the pick season for travellers ( June , July ), the embassy might have alot of visas to print, so this might slow down things.

I'm positive. Just waiting, eventhough my patience is begining to die down, but i have nothing to do.

waiting , waiting, waiting.

I wish everyone good luck on this journey.

xellax

Apr 6, 2009
Hi everyone,

I need your advice,from anyone of you who experience same thingthat i experience,by the way, my documents was Lodge to canadian embassy last feb,25 2009,my problem is my civil i.d is due to expired in july 12 2009, civil i.d is very important here in kuwait, that is the first question the police ask you if there is a check point,worst thing to say check point in kuwait are everywhere especially us who go home very late because we work at hotel.now, my question is,if i borrowed my passport temporarily so that i can go home and returned right away my passport to canadian embassy,but according to my agency in phils. we cannot borrowed the passport while the application is on going because it's WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION? is it true?please ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO...

I really need you advice,please help me.....