+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello People,

Please, is there somebody here who really understands what usually happens when visa and Immigration Section requests your passport? I can't understand why they have to keep someone's passport for 2 months from the day of reception. What procedure is left to be done after the Passport has been requested especially when the medicals had been with them too for long?

NB. I say this beacuse our Passports have been with the embassy for nearly 2 months now. Just a little concerned. Is this normal?

Thanks

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
No worries, chinaconnection. If PP has been requested, relax and start parking, your PR is on the way. :)

Nuff respect!!

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Tarry,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We have been worried ever since the passports arrived the embassy. 2 months is like a long time to me to keep the passports, we recieved an email saying that the initial review had been completed and all documents requested recieved. So, was just wondering why the long time again.

Well, W'll keep waiting. Waiting is never fun you know.

Thanks

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Tarry ,

Guess what ? i just checked my status online and it reads " your case has been finalized "

So happy. Waiting for the Passports.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Congrats. So you can now really relax and start parking. My anticipated Welcome to Canada :)

Nuff respect!!

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hello China..

Same thing with my passport. I've submitted it to the embassy since the 1st week of february but we still havent recevied it yet. ...

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Mitche.

I heard that they have to keep the passports for even up to 8 weeks. Well, i don't know exackly what they do when they take someone's Passport. I thought it is just to affix the visa on it and that's it and that shouldn't take long.

For me, it is a good thing that atleast our online Status indicated that our case has been finalised. So just waiting for the passports to arrive.

Good Luck to you on this journey

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
Hello chinaconnection,

We are also in the same boat.We have sent our passports in the month of Dec'08.It is 4 months now and no news.They dont even bother to respond our emails.It is good that your online status has been changed ours is still 'in process'.so nothing else waiitng waiitng and waiitng...................

smiss9

Chinaconnection said:
Mitche.

I heard that they have to keep the passports for even up to 8 weeks. Well, i don't know exackly what they do when they take someone's Passport. I thought it is just to affix the visa on it and that's it and that shouldn't take long.

For me, it is a good thing that atleast our online Status indicated that our case has been finalised. So just waiting for the passports to arrive.

Good Luck to you on this journey

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
Waiting time is between 1-2 months... 4 months is really such a long time. When are expected to leave? perhaps, you can already make a follow-up. What are the things that you're doing in getting ready to move... please advise, i might miss a thing or two. Thanks !

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Lehcar,

As for preparations, we are still waiting for our passports to arrive. Everything for now is still tentative. But at the back of our minds we are strongly thinking of:

-where to land as we are destined for Quebec.

-Thinking of how to get accomodation,

-how to get an Address in Canada where the PR card can be sent to,

-Thinking of what to take and what not to take along ( personal Property ),

we have a 3 and a half years son, thinking of a daycare for him , and more importantly the cash, hahahaha.

Smiss9,

I am surprised you still havent had your passports. This is really strange. Are you really sure you sent them to the right address? Was it by Express registered mail? if it was, you could track and know exackly when and who received the Passports

Not to worry though, just keep calm and have faith. Everything will be alright.

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
Dear Chinaconnection

Wish u all the best in ur journey i am really happy for u ,
i think u have to give ur accommodation address to officer in Canada for sending your pr.

i am still in my beginning of immigration process only yesterday they requested my doc request ..

Thank u

Regards
Omar

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Omar, thanks for your words of encouragement. Still waiting for the passports though, hahahhaa.

As you are in the beginning of your process, be positive and everything will go on smoothly.

Good Luck to you.

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
Thank you dear.
I pray that u get ur passports soon..
Thanks

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
Dear Chinaconnection,

Yes we have sent our passports through DHL and they have received them very nextday.I have the name of the person who received our passports.

thanks
smiss9

Chinaconnection said:
Lehcar,

As for preparations, we are still waiting for our passports to arrive. Everything for now is still tentative. But at the back of our minds we are strongly thinking of:

-where to land as we are destined for Quebec.

-Thinking of how to get accomodation,

-how to get an Address in Canada where the PR card can be sent to,

-Thinking of what to take and what not to take along ( personal Property ),

we have a 3 and a half years son, thinking of a daycare for him , and more importantly the cash, hahahaha.

Smiss9,

I am surprised you still havent had your passports. This is really strange. Are you really sure you sent them to the right address? Was it by Express registered mail? if it was, you could track and know exackly when and who received the Passports

Not to worry though, just keep calm and have faith. Everything will be alright.