+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport request no mention of fees!! pls advise!!

junecec

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
hello I just got an email saying, "your application for permanent residence in canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent residence visa can only be issued at detroit office...." then the email provides two mailing addresses, one for detroit, michigan (for us residents) and the other for windsor, ontario (for canadian residents). I'm confused as the letter specifically said visa can only be issued at detroit office. Please any advice is appreciated. Also, the letter did not mention anything about the rprf. when do I send the fee? after the visa is issued? or should i send the cheque along with the passport? i live in windsor, canada but do not have a us visa. Can I send a friend with authorization letter to get the passport stamped? please guys help me out here.....

isilrion

May 25, 2012
<quote>
then the email provides two mailing addresses, one for detroit, michigan (for us residents) and the other for windsor, ontario (for canadian residents). I'm confused as the letter specifically said visa can only be issued at detroit office.
</quote>

I suppose that, just like the Buffalo Office, they may have a mailbox in the Canadian side (Windsor, ON) to save you the international mailing. It is still the same visa office, just a mailbox a couple of kilometers away to make our lives easier.

(That's just an assumption, but I think it makes sense. I have sent my passport and other documents to the "canadian side" of the Buffalo office before, so I assume it is the same thing with Detroit).

Just in case, triple-check that this is the address:

www [dot] canadainternational [dot] gc [dot] ca/detroit/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d#mail

(The forum won't let me post the link... so you'll have to replace the "[dot]" by, well, dots.)

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
junecec said:
hello I just got an email saying, "your application for permanent residence in canada appears to be ready for visa issuance. Your permanent residence visa can only be issued at detroit office...." then the email provides two mailing addresses, one for detroit, michigan (for us residents) and the other for windsor, ontario (for canadian residents). I'm confused as the letter specifically said visa can only be issued at detroit office. Please any advice is appreciated. Also, the letter did not mention anything about the rprf. when do I send the fee? after the visa is issued? or should i send the cheque along with the passport? i live in windsor, canada but do not have a us visa. Can I send a friend with authorization letter to get the passport stamped? please guys help me out here.....
try calling CIC helpline...18882422100....and see what they say. but, if i understand right, what they are trying to tell you is that it is the Detroit office that will stamp your visa but as you are a canadian resident you will have to send your passport to the windsor office.

As far as rprf is concerned i feel you should include a draft in here but its always better to confirm with the helpline.

Oh! and CONGRATULATIONs :p

junecec

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
tamzi08 said:
Hey,

When did you apply for your PR if you don't mind me asking. And under what catergory
I applied in june 2011. application received on june 8, 2011. Got PPR on may 16, 2012. I applied under graduate stream with canadian degree and 1.5 years work experience.