+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT REQUEST from Buffalo!!!

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
Finally we got ours. It's been a long 7 months but it was worth it. Here's our timeline:

Aug 31/09: Sponsorship approved'
Sept 17/09: Buffalo started processing
Oct 14/09: NY and GA police clearance requested/interview waived
Nov 20/09: Additional docs sent in
March 17/10: PPR via email

Kimmy520

Sep 13, 2009
Congratulations!!! :D My husband and I are in the process of getting our application ready to send in. I will be applying outland at the Buffalo office. I was hoping you could answer a couple questions.

After turning in the application, does the paperwork from the immigration office get mailed to the immigrant or to the sponsor? I'm asking because I will be traveling while the application is being processed. I wrote my parents' address on the application and I will be in constant contact with them.

Also how much evidence did you send as proof of your relationship? My husband and I have been together for 4.5 years, (we lived together for 3 years in Korea and have been apart for 1.5 - I'm in California and he's in Nova Scotia). We have three reference letters - one from a priest, one from the parents of our Godson, and one from a very close friend. We also have pictures of us traveling together in Japan, Vietnam, and Thailand. Should we also send in our itineraries from when we visited each other in California/Nova Scotia?

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can offer. And CONGRATULATIONS again!!! And thank you for posting your success story, it gives us hope!!

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
gypsygirl said:
Finally we got ours. It's been a long 7 months but it was worth it. Here's our timeline:

Aug 31/09: Sponsorship approved'
Sept 17/09: Buffalo started processing
Oct 14/09: NY and GA police clearance requested/interview waived
Nov 20/09: Additional docs sent in
March 17/10: PPR via email
Hi Gypsygirl,
Congrats!!! You are so lucky.
I am still waiting for PPR from Buffalo after the interview and sending them FBI record as requested but waiting and waiting. I have been waiting for 6 months from when the file sent to Buffalo visa office for process in Oct. Did you have an interview with them?