+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request and processing time

manjyot

Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I submitted my PR application and related documents on 5 April, 2017. I received an update that my medicals have passed. Now I am waiting for the passport request. Can anyone suggest how much more time it usually takes to get passport request? My PR is being processed in Ontario, Canada and I come under Canadian experience class category. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.I(FYI:- Due to expiry of my work permit I had to leave Canada and currently working with the same company as i managed to get transfer to India.)

The update on the file is as follow:-

- Application Status:- We are processing your application.We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of Eligibility:- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Review of Medical results:- You passed the medical exam.
- Review of additional documents:- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
- Interview:-You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics:-We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Background check:- Not applicable.
- Final decision:- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message if this changes.

Please advice how much more processing time will it take and feel free to share your views and experience.

Thank you
Manjyot (Mj)

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017
Hello,
I submitted my PR application and related documents on 5 April, 2017. I received an update that my medicals have passed. Now I am waiting for the passport request. Can anyone suggest how much more time it usually takes to get passport request? My PR is being processed in Ontario, Canada and I come under Canadian experience class category. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.I(FYI:- Due to expiry of my work permit I had to leave Canada and currently working with the same company as i managed to get transfer to India.)

- Application Status:- We are processing your application.We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of Eligibility:- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Review of additional documents:- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
- Interview:-You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics:-We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Final decision:- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message if this changes.

Please advice how much more processing time will it take and feel free to share your views and experience.

Thank you
Manjyot (Mj)
I got my passport requested within 2.5 months. I submitted my application after receiving ITA on 31st Mar, 2017 and got requested for passport on 19th June, 2017.

Last edited:

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I got my passport requested within 2.5 months. I submitted my application after receiving ITA on 31st May, 2017 and got requested for passport on 19th June, 2017.
Did I miss anything? you submitted your application on 31-May and you got PPR on 19-Jun. So you mean your application was processed withing 20 days??? :confused::confused:
Which stream are you in?

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017
Dear All,
I submitted my PR application and related documents on 03rd May, 2017.
I received an update that my medicals have passed.
Now I am waiting for the passport request.
Can anyone suggest how much more time it usually takes to get passport request?
My PR is being processed in Ontario, Canada and I come under Canadian experience class category.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

- Application Status:- We are processing your application.We will send you a message when there is an update.
- Review of Eligibility:- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Background check:- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision:- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Please let me know how much more processing time will it take and what is the process ahead.

Thanks & Regards,
SS

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017
Hello,

Thank you
Manjyot (Mj)
Hi Manjyot,

Need one more info. Did you change your status or the address in the PR application.

Shakeel Shaikh

Mar 14, 2017
Hey.... I am still waiting for the passport Request. Hoping everything should go fine. Do you have any inputs to share?

Thank you
Hi,

The Processing time is showing as 57 days now for the PR due to increase in number of applications. But some of my freinds have received within 6 weeks. Even my case is similar to your case manjyot. But I am not sure in my case why Background check is required as I am in canada since 16 months.
Do we need t update the profile if we go back to india. I mean the address and job points as well.
Lets hope for the best that we get request for passport soon.

Aug 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got my ITA back in January and submitted my application on Feb 21, 2017. Got my request for Singapore Police certificate in April and submitted it around May 23. Still waiting for any news..any idea how long it would take after that? Thanks!