+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Renewed Valid Visa on Old Cancelled Passport

MOEEDBAIG

May 17, 2015
I am a Pakistani National living in Riyadh and I need a help in my situation, I have been issue PERMENANT RESIDENT VISA and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) in July 2016, recently I have renewed my passport from Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh.

I have received new Passport and my old passport, which contains the Valid PR Visa, is stamped CANCELLED because of the KSA requirement. I am in possession of both the passports.

I want to know do I need to re-stamp or transfer my PR Visa to new passport or I can travel to Canada with both passports i.e. the New Valid Passport and the Old Cancelled Passport containing the Valid PR Visa.

I have read the other posts and ENF4 document as well, my concern is with the CANCELLED which is stamped on my passport instead of "New Passport Issued in Lieu of Old Passport". The Pakistani authorities confirm that it will not affect the valid visa.

I have written to VO, answer is awaited

Regards

Mifatima

Jul 29, 2017
Hi
I am facing same situation.Can you please share your experience as to was there any problem in travelling to Canada with Valid Visa on Cancelled passport?
My response from Visa office is awaited too.My daughter is 4 yr old and VFS jeddah ppl said her passport requires renewal before sending for PR visa stamping...when we got new passport and submitted both passports...the canadian embassy at riyadh put visa on old cancelled passport and also COPR document has same old passport Information.I have requested Instructions of what to do from Visa office but havent received any reply yet.We would be going on exit from saudi in end of april n intend to fly to Canada by mid of june....plz advice.

Harshit99

Feb 4, 2024
w
I am a Pakistani National living in Riyadh and I need a help in my situation, I have been issue PERMENANT RESIDENT VISA and COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) in July 2016, recently I have renewed my passport from Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh.

I have received new Passport and my old passport, which contains the Valid PR Visa, is stamped CANCELLED because of the KSA requirement. I am in possession of both the passports.

I want to know do I need to re-stamp or transfer my PR Visa to new passport or I can travel to Canada with both passports i.e. the New Valid Passport and the Old Cancelled Passport containing the Valid PR Visa.

I have read the other posts and ENF4 document as well, my concern is with the CANCELLED which is stamped on my passport instead of "New Passport Issued in Lieu of Old Passport". The Pakistani authorities confirm that it will not affect the valid visa.

I have written to VO, answer is awaited

Regards
what happened in your case