+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal without legal status

Spyd.307

Aug 21, 2021
Hello i had some questions regarding my passport and legal status in Canada, unfortunately i was late renewing my passport and after it did expire i got a little worried on how it could be fixed so i didn't go about fixing it myself i looked for help on what i could do because i no longer had status and my passport was expired, so my sister had suggested a friend of hers that claimed he was a legal consultant and he told me he could help me get my passport through Vancouver because he had knew someone in the embassy so last September i had sent him everything i had my passport and a filled out application with my photo, a affidavit and everything attached that was needed he claimed he would take care of the rest here we are almost a year later and it has been nothing but problems with this consultant and how he claimed he could try to help me, my passport application reached the embassy around the middle of may and i was told it was being processed but with all the things this consultant had told them they kept needing proof of status or sponsorship for my application which i didn't have because i never filed for any of that yet, i kept letting the guy try to do what he said he was going to because he was promising it could all be fixed and my only worry was getting my passport I'm not fully aware of everything he was doing because it would all go through my sister and then back to me only until the embassy called me themselves to tell me what the issues were and why my passport wasn't being completed, so as of now it's been almost a year this consultant hasn't helped me at all if anything he has set me back further and i believe has caused me more problems as i started to believe he was just out for money.
So as of now i have no legal status and i have no idea how i can fix my passport without causing myself any troubles, i came into Canada as a international student from India i did attend school but after all i did let my study and work permit expire without renewal so as of now i have nothing, my biggest worry and concern now is i have a wife here and we're expecting a baby at the end of the month so I'm more scared of being without my family and leaving them because i don't know what my options are to fix my passport or if i even have any options left now after not handling it myself and trusting the wrong people.
I really hope someone can help me out with some advice i would really appreciate it please.