+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT RENEWAL QUESTION, THANKS!

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! I just have a quick question, anybody knows how to renew a Philippine passport here in Manitoba?My passport will expire on September 12 of this year, and I'm still waiting for my OWP and PR in process..:S thank you!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
maybe you should contact your embassy/ near consulate to get more info

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ennaesor,

PCG Vancouver has this announcement;

http://vancouverpcg.net/pcg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=264&Itemid=89

I renewed mine last March and until now I have not yet received it. I called them and asked the tentative date of my passport's arrival. The person said that passports this week are from those who applied mid-February. She also suggested to check every week the list on their website. This list, she assures, are up-to-date.

Plussy

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow! so that means, I need to go there to renew it...:(
is it illegal to stay in canada without a valid passport? (knowing that my PR &OWP are in process)
thanks for your replies!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ennaesor said:
wow! so that means, I need to go there to renew it...:(
is it illegal to stay in canada without a valid passport? (knowing that my PR &OWP are in process)
thanks for your replies!
you should go to the nearest PCG to renew your passport (toronto or vancouver) And then forward the copy of your renewed passport to CIC and attach a cover letter to let them know that you renew your passport. Otherwise they will issue you a OWP which is co-terminus based on the passport you submitted on your application. As what happened to my friend she just got 2 months remaining in her OWP because her passport expires in 2 months.

I renewed mine last 3rd week of Feb and received my new passport April 25. Good luck.

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my goodness, I think I have more problem than I thought, see, when I apply for renewal of my passport, one of the requirement is to provide a valid work permit/visa. But my work permit also expires on september. I don't have a legal status document to provide since I am not working right now. I spoke with an immigration officer about this and he told me that I can legally stay here until a decision has been made regarding my application for PR and OWP, because I am on "IMPLIED STATUS" (as long as I am not working for somebody else). What should I do about this? Thank u so much honeysweetie!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ennaesor said:
Oh my goodness, I think I have more problem than I thought, see, when I apply for renewal of my passport, one of the requirement is to provide a valid work permit/visa. But my work permit also expires on september. I don't have a legal status document to provide since I am not working right now. I spoke with an immigration officer about this and he told me that I can legally stay here until a decision has been made regarding my application for PR and OWP, because I am on "IMPLIED STATUS" (as long as I am not working for somebody else). What should I do about this? Thank u so much honeysweetie!
Another friend of mine who also applied her OWP & PR went to PCG Vancouver last January 2011 to renew her Passport and she doesn't have any WP/Visa since it's already expired last Dec 2010 but they allowed her (PCG Vancouver) to renewed her passport because she said it to me that she is under "Implied Status". Try to phone PCG Vancouver or email them. visit http://vancouverpcg.net/pcg/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok, Thank you very much!! youhave no idea how relieved I am, I was panicking earlier, but I need to start working on it. Thanks again! and good luck too.

lesterjohn

Sep 20, 2010
honeysweetie said:
you should go to the nearest PCG to renew your passport (toronto or vancouver) And then forward the copy of your renewed passport to CIC and attach a cover letter to let them know that you renew your passport. Otherwise they will issue you a OWP which is co-terminus based on the passport you submitted on your application. As what happened to my friend she just got 2 months remaining in her OWP because her passport expires in 2 months.

I renewed mine last 3rd week of Feb and received my new passport April 25.
honeysweetie where to forward the copy of renewed passport?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she said on this address and include a cover letter, and send thru canada post which you can track and required signature (she applied under LCP- PR & OWP) Thanks

Case Processing Centre
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

visit this link too that CIC call agents forwarded to her.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/vegreville.asp