20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hi Folks,

Anyone has applied for Passport Renewal at BLS – Brampton office. As per BLS site, it is mentioned that if it is Toronto then 2 weeks. Otherwise, 4-6 weeks will take for processing.

I have applied at BLS – Brampton so, they will take 15 days or 4-6 weeks for processing. Any idea or applied for renewal of passport at BLS-Brampton.

Appreciate it your response.

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Recently I renewed my passport, if you use courier service although you live in Toronto by default it goes to Brampton BLS office and then consulate. It doesn't matter which BLS office your submit and ultimately it goes to Indian Consulate for further processing. Mine took a month to get my passport. Usually it depends case to case and what I heard if you already have PCC being issued by them it would be faster to get renewal passport otherwise it takes more time.

sjulien said:
Hi Folks,

Anyone has applied for Passport Renewal at BLS – Brampton office. As per BLS site, it is mentioned that if it is Toronto then 2 weeks. Otherwise, 4-6 weeks will take for processing.

I have applied at BLS – Brampton so, they will take 15 days or 4-6 weeks for processing. Any idea or applied for renewal of passport at BLS-Brampton.

Canadiian

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
sjulien said:
Hi Folks,

Buddy,
It will take 4-6 weeks. Dont get confused with the 15 days timeline. That is only if the current passport was previously issued in Toronto.

For example, now as they will issue your new passport from Toronto, next time they will renew it in 15 days.
Please read the instructions carefully one more time.

But as your current pp might have been issued from India, so they will take 4-6 weeks.

iamitguy

Nov 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Not at all
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-09-2015
sjulien said:
Hi Folks,

Recently on Jan 24, My friend applied for passport renewal at Gillingham Location, he received new passport in 15 days..
On jan 25 (next day after my friend), I applied for my wife's passport at Lawrence Location,i thought it would be long process because my name had to be added on it, so i thought it would take longer but it only took around 20days to received the new passport.

PS: Both old passports were issued in India
This was my recent experience. Hope this will help you.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
I agree with you that it is case specific. That the reason I mentioned CIC mail which asked to submit renewal passport in 30 days. Hope my cover letter won't remove by BLS office before sending to consulate.

Let's see in how many days I will get passport.

iamitguy said:
Recently on Jan 24, My friend applied for passport renewal at Gillingham Location, he received new passport in 15 days..
On jan 25 (next day after my friend), I applied for my wife's passport at Lawrence Location,i thought it would be long process because my name had to be added on it, so i thought it would take longer but it only took around 20days to received the new passport.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Canadiian said:
Buddy,
It will take 4-6 weeks. Dont get confused with the 15 days timeline. That is only if the current passport was previously issued in Toronto.

For example, now as they will issue your new passport from Toronto, next time they will renew it in 15 days.
Please read the instructions carefully one more time.

But as your current pp might have been issued from India, so they will take 4-6 weeks.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Yes I did my PCC at BLS office earlier. Hopefully will get passport in a month.

nov_2014 said:
Recently I renewed my passport, if you use courier service although you live in Toronto by default it goes to Brampton BLS office and then consulate. It doesn't matter which BLS office your submit and ultimately it goes to Indian Consulate for further processing. Mine took a month to get my passport. Usually it depends case to case and what I heard if you already have PCC being issued by them it would be faster to get renewal passport otherwise it takes more time.

van2006

Jun 8, 2014
Hello iamitguy,

I have some of question regarding passport reissue, please advice -
1) I want India address on my passport, but it looks like they are only entering Canadian address in the passport. Is there a way how I can get my Indian address added? (the same address that was in old passport, FYI.. I am currently in Toronto).
2) The document to submit, I understand is driving licence, bank statement or utility bill. I am applying for my wife's passport reissue. She does not have driving licence in Toronto, she only has the Ontario ID card. Will that be sufficient to apply for passport reissue. I will also provide the bank statement as second proof.
3) Do we have to provide original marriage certificate to add spouse name in the passport? I only have the copy of marriage cert in hand currently. I have the original in India and have to get that courierd. Do we have to show any original certificates in BLS?
Thanks in advance.

iamitguy

Nov 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Not at all
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-09-2015
van2006 said:
Hello iamitguy,

I have some of question regarding passport reissue, please advice -
1) I want India address on my passport, but it looks like they are only entering Canadian address in the passport. Is there a way how I can get my Indian address added? (the same address that was in old passport, FYI.. I am currently in Toronto).
I am not sure if you can do so.. because i believe they only go with your current canadian residence address..For that you need proof e.g. Driver Licence.
2) The document to submit, I understand is driving licence, bank statement or utility bill. I am applying for my wife's passport reissue. She does not have driving licence in Toronto, she only has the Ontario ID card. Will that be sufficient to apply for passport reissue. I will also provide the bank statement as second proof.
As long as it has your wife's name and address, you should be fine.
3) Do we have to provide original marriage certificate to add spouse name in the passport? I only have the copy of marriage cert in hand currently. I have the original in India and have to get that courierd.
Ok if you want to add your name or not.. you have to get your original marriage certificate attested from External Ministry, New Delhi India. Also A joint notorized affidavit from Canadian Lawyer in Canada.
Do we have to show any original certificates in BLS?
If your wife will ask to add your name on new passport then you have to provide your details with application which includes original: your Passport, status proof in Canada (PR card, Citizenship, Work Permit etc).

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Today, I got a mail that document is missing. I told them that I don't want to add my spouse name in my passport. Still they had consider this documents.

1) MISSING ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE , THAT SHOULD BE ATTESTED FROM M.E.A NEW DELHI.

Really, bad service by BLS office.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Why did the BLS ask for marriage certificate? Was your last name missing or did you ask for name change?

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi

I am applying for re-issue of passport . My passport was issued in India in 2006 and is expiring end of May 2016 .

In the set of documents BLS customer care on phone also asked me to send COPR ( Landing paper of Canada) also with PR card . I don't see that in their list in the website though.
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/re-issue-passport

Any pointers on this ?

Feb 21, 2017
iamitguy said:

Sir,
Can you tell me what are all the status update changes I will see after it is been "Processing at Consulate General"?
It would be so helpful to figure out a estimated date.

Vijay