+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal and PCC from India

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am holding an Indian passport which is expiring within a year. Also I need PCC fromIndia for PR. Can I submit both the application in parallel. Anyone have done this? Please suggest.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skm12345 said:
I am holding an Indian passport which is expiring within a year. Also I need PCC fromIndia for PR. Can I submit both the application in parallel. Anyone have done this? Please suggest.
I am not sure how they will process if you apply for both at the same time,

however i would suggest you to apply for PCC first and get the work done, and after that you wont require passport in applying your PR.

just take a photocopies of all pages of your passport before sending it for renewal.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Honeysingh, But for passport also they do a police verification, so I guess it should be faster. I will check with passport office.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
skm12345 said:
My suggestion would be to get the passport first. When PCC is issued they mention the passport number, I believe it would be good if your PCC reflects the latest passport number. Also in the PR application forms you can mention your new passport number.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htrak said:
My suggestion would be to get the passport first. When PCC is issued they mention the passport number, I believe it would be good if your PCC reflects the latest passport number. Also in the PR application forms you can mention your new passport number.
Actually you got some valuable points

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest you to apply for passport first and then PCC for 2 reasons (that I know of):

1. As earlier said by htrak, passport number is mentioned in your PCC so it should have the new passport number.
2. PCC is only valid for 3 months. so if you have more than 3 months to apply for PR, you will have to obtain a valid PCC again...

Hope this was helpful.
Shezy.

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
This is what i will do in this situation:

1). Apply the PCC first, it will take min 3-4 weeks.
2). Then apply the PR & for that you need only photocopy of passport.
3). Then apply for passport renewel (this can take 4-6 weeks).

By the time you will get your AOR, same time you will get your new passport. Then send the new passport to CPP-O (there is already a thread to discuss "sending new passport to CPP"). This will save your time by 4-6 weeks in overall PR process.
But if you have enough time to apply PR then go with what other have suggested, i.e. step 1, 3 & then 2.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot friends for your valuable suggessions. Since I need to get PCC from USA too, so I am not planning to send all PCCs with my application. I will send the PCCs once I will get the AOR.

So my plan is
1. Apply PCC from USA(It takes around 16 weeks as per CIC website).
2. Apply for new passport
3. Apply for PR(This I can do even my new passport is in process, or I can wait for to get the new passport).
4. Apply for PCC from India and UK.
5. Once I will get my AOR, I will send all PCCs and will send new passport details too if I will apply PR before getting my new passport.

Guys, please let me know your comments on this.
Thanks again to all of you for your inputs.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
skm12345 said:
Thanks a lot friends for your valuable suggessions. Since I need to get PCC from USA too, so I am not planning to send all PCCs with my application. I will send the PCCs once I will get the AOR.

So my plan is
1. Apply PCC from USA(It takes around 16 weeks as per CIC website).
2. Apply for new passport
3. Apply for PR(This I can do even my new passport is in process, or I can wait for to get the new passport).
4. Apply for PCC from India and UK.
5. Once I will get my AOR, I will send all PCCs and will send new passport details too if I will apply PR before getting my new passport.

Guys, please let me know your comments on this.
Thanks again to all of you for your inputs.

Looks like a good plan. Just to let you know the FBI clearance from US took only 1.5 months in my case. I applied in Feb 2013. You can time it in such a way that FBI clearance is not more than 3 months old when PR application is submitted.

usermiken

Mar 7, 2016
Re: Passport renewal and PCC from Canada

Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder, landed in Toronto as PR in June 2015. My Passport is expiring in July 2016. I wanted to renew my passport here in Toronto but I am not sure of following things:
1) Do I need to get PCC done here in Canada again or not?
2) My new passport would be having my old Indian address or Toronto address?
3) Do I need guarantors from Canada too the way we typically represent 2 witnesses during Indian PCC
4) Please see if at all Toronto address would come get reflected on my new passport, will the bank statement be sufficient to prove my Canadian address as my Ontario Photo Id Card has a different address
Please guide I am in a huge mess.

All help would be appreciated.
Thx

usermiken

Mar 7, 2016
Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder, landed in Toronto as PR in June 2015. My Passport is expiring in July 2016. I wanted to renew my passport here in Toronto but I am not sure of following things:
1) Do I need to get PCC done here in Canada again or not?
2) My new passport would be having my old Indian address or Toronto address?
3) Do I need guarantors from Canada too the way we typically represent 2 witnesses during Indian PCC
4) Please see if at all Toronto address would come get reflected on my new passport, will the bank statement be sufficient to prove my Canadian address as my Ontario Photo Id Card has a different address
Please guide I am in a huge mess.

Aug 26, 2017
Hi All,

I am really in-need of your help in here. Mine is a predicament which I am not at all able to solve. (In the below case, I am applying as a single applicant)

1) Me and My wife don't have our names added in our passports. It's the same as that we've received before our wedding
2) Now I want to renew my wife's passport since I need to apply passport for my kid as well. Since the mnedicals require my kids passport also (which I was not at all aware of)
3) Also I require a PCC for both of us.

Issue: Next nearest appointment date for the Tatkal quota is 10th of June which is nearly 20 days time. My deadline is June 30th.

My Plan:

1) Get PCC with our old passports and apply for renewal for my wife and fresh issue for my kid
2) Get the mnedicals done after getting the new passports for my wife and kid
3) Write an LOE to the immigration officer that for the purpose of medicals, I needed my wife's passport to be renewed for the sake of my kid's passport.

Please advise me the safe and best way to proceed. I'd be so grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Vignesh

Aug 26, 2017
Hi All,

I am really in-need of your help in here. Mine is a predicament which I am not at all able to solve. (In the below case, I am applying as a single applicant)

1) Me and My wife don't have our names added in our passports. It's the same as that we've received before our wedding
2) Now I want to renew my wife's passport since I need to apply passport for my kid as well. Since the mnedicals require my kids passport also (which I was not at all aware of)
3) Also I require a PCC for both of us.

Issue: Next nearest appointment date for the Tatkal quota is 10th of June which is nearly 20 days time. My deadline is June 30th.

My Plan:

1) Get PCC with our old passports and apply for renewal for my wife and fresh issue for my kid
2) Get the mnedicals done after getting the new passports for my wife and kid
3) Write an LOE to the immigration officer that for the purpose of medicals, I needed my wife's passport to be renewed for the sake of my kid's passport.

Please advise me the safe and best way to proceed. I'd be so grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Vignesh
Hi @TorontoFerrari,

I request your help in my case which is explained above. I also have one more doubt. Does the medical certificate of a minor bear the parent's passport number?

I'd be so grateful for any help I get.

Thanks,
Vignesh

Anuradha2610

Dec 5, 2020
Hi friends,

My passport is about to expire by 4 month and i need to complete pcc by 60 days ,I am confused whether I should go for passport renewal or pcc first?

Regards
Anuradha