+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Renewal after Receiving PPR / Golden Email

Sourabhsj

Apr 7, 2018
Hi folks,

I received the golden email yesterday. I am however in a bit of a dilemma. My passport expires next year (2020) in May and I plan to move to Canada sometime in Feb or March next year (2020). I'll also possibly be visiting other country in December for a vacation. I've the following three options:
  1. Should I apply for a new passport right now and send the new passport for stamping? In this case once I've my new passport I'll have to inform them about my new passport via a web form (or any other way) and submit the new passport for stamping.
    • After having informed them about my new passport, what impact would it have on my application if I send in my new passport in terms of delay and other areas?
    • Would my application be put again in stages of eligibility / background check / IP1 / IP2?
    • Are there any chances of my application being rejected?
  2. Should I send my existing passport for stamping and once I receive it, I then apply for a new passport. But in this case I'll have my Visa stamped on old passport and after I've renewed my passport, is the old one even valid?
  3. Send in my old passport for stamping and once I've moved to Canada successfully, then apply for renewal of passport. In this case I might not be able to visit any other country in between for my vacation, since I need to have a minimum of six months of validity on my passport.
Can someone please suggest me what needs to be done here?

P.S: I hold an Indian passport.

Thanks

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Proceed with renewing your passport and once you have that in hand , send them both the old and new passports through VFS along with a LOE stating your case. Many inthis forum have went with this route and got their visa stamped in no time

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
@yiso91

I did not send my old passport. Sent only new passport with LOE. :oops:

Did send photocopy of old passport.

do you think there can be an issue?

Last edited: