+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport re-newel after getting COPR and Visa

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi,

Me and My family obtained our COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). I have landed in Canada in sept-2015.

We planned that my wife and daughter travel in february-2016 as they need to land before 9th March-2016

My daughter got her COPR with her Old Passport Number. After getting her COPR, we renewed her passport as it was ready for Renewal.

Now she has COPR with old passport number . Don't know if this is a Issue

Could you please let me know what the process is ? My Wife and daughter are now in India.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
So you got the visa in her old passport? Did you keep it?

You will need to contact CIC to arrange for them to process the new passport in India prior to her travel.

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi ,

I called the cic 1-888-242-2100
and also e-mailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>

They informed me as below: However
I have sent e-mail to delhi immigration also, i am waiting for that reply also.

Please let me know if you have any further information

reply from CIC thru e-mail
Dear sir,

Please note that your daughter can land and become a permanent resident with both the old passport and the new passport.

Please send us a copy of her new passport for filing purposes. It was not attached to your previous email.

Thank you.
xxxxx
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Sudhakar Mandaleeka said:
Hi ,

I called the cic 1-888-242-2100
and also e-mailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>

They informed me as below: However
I have sent e-mail to delhi immigration also, i am waiting for that reply also.

Please let me know if you have any further information

reply from CIC thru e-mail
Dear sir,

Please note that your daughter can land and become a permanent resident with both the old passport and the new passport.

Please send us a copy of her new passport for filing purposes. It was not attached to your previous email.

Thank you.
xxxxx
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Send them the new passport scan copy and add Delhi's office in CC that's it. You are good to go.

pakistani9

Oct 28, 2015
Dear Sudhakar

Being a principal applicant, i am facing the same issue that the after issuance of the immigration visa and COPR, the validity of the passport remains less than 6 months so as per boarder agency rules, the passport must be valid for atleast 6 months. Accordingly, i am going to renew my existing passport and will definitely send a copy of it to the London Office from where the Visa was issued then see their further directions to follow either i might require to update the COPR with new passport details and new/updated visa might also require or the same passport and COPR is accepted upon landing.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope it will not impact/extend the visa validity which has already been given.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pakistani9 said:
Dear Sudhakar

Being a principal applicant, i am facing the same issue that the after issuance of the immigration visa and COPR, the validity of the passport remains less than 6 months so as per boarder agency rules, the passport must be valid for atleast 6 months. Accordingly, i am going to renew my existing passport and will definitely send a copy of it to the London Office from where the Visa was issued then see their further directions to follow either i might require to update the COPR with new passport details and new/updated visa might also require or the same passport and COPR is accepted upon landing.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope it will not impact/extend the visa validity which has already been given.
1. Canada does not have a 6 month rule for entry, only the passport must be valid.