+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport or travel documents for dependent children

MaratS

Nov 22, 2007
For full set of application, CIC requires copies of passport or travel documents for dependent children. Neither passports nor travel documents are issued to children. How strict CIS is on this requirement? Or sending just copies of birth certificates for my children will suffice?
Would appreciate your help on this one.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MaratS said:
For full set of application, CIC requires copies of passport or travel documents for dependent children. Neither passports nor travel documents are issued to children. How strict CIS is on this requirement? Or sending just copies of birth certificates for my children will suffice?
Would appreciate your help on this one.
The children will need passport if you are approved for Immigration. If you are submitting a SAP application, you don't send any documents.

PMM

MaratS

Nov 22, 2007
PMM,
When you say "don't send any documents" do you mean that I need to send ONLY copies of birth certificates for dependent children when filing full set of application?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Marat

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MaratS said:
PMM,
When you say "don't send any documents" do you mean that I need to send ONLY copies of birth certificates for dependent children when filing full set of application?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Marat
If you are using the Simplified Application Process (SAP) meaning you don't have a AEO/LMO and are not applying in Buffalo, you send absolutely nothing with the application read the instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

PMM

MaratS

Nov 22, 2007
PPM,
Sorry.  I should have made myself clearer in the first place.
I sent my simplified application some time ago to Moscow office.  At the notice of that office, now I am preparing full documentation set.  My question is: is it OK if with this full set I send copies of ONLY birth certificates (no passport) for dependent children?

Thanks,
M

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MaratS said:
PPM,
Sorry. I should have made myself clearer in the first place.
I sent my simplified application some time ago to Moscow office. At the notice of that office, now I am preparing full documentation set. My question is: is it OK if with this full set I send copies of ONLY birth certificates (no passport) for dependent children?

Thanks,
M
You need passports for the children at this stage of the processing.

PMM