Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
Hello there,

I received my passport but I realized my mother’s maiden name is not displayed.

Here’s how I filled :

Last name : C
Given name(s) : A
Family surname : B - which an honest thought is the mother’s maiden name.

Looking at it now, I should have just wrote it next to the given name(s)
(A ) (B ) .
Does anyone can relate this situation and how did you correct it? I’m worried it will be an issue during travelling that my physical passport has no mothers maiden name displayed ( only last name and first name ) and my ID’s has last name, first name and mothers maiden name.
Old passport Philippines.
New passport Canada.
Thanks everyone

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
If you are asking specifically about any travel with a commercial carrier, only the first and last name are required and have to match. Any additional names, whatever purpose they serve are optional. Just make sure you book your travel with only your last and first name, then it will match either your Filipino or Canadian passport on both the outbound and inbound.

With respect to border inspection, whatever name is on your passport is your name. As per ICAO standards, a passport only needs one first name and one last name. Any middle names, etc. are entirely optional.

If you really want all your ID to have your mother's maiden name as your middle name, provided the name is on your citizenship certificate, then apply for a replacement passport at a passport office where you can discuss it with a passport officer.

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
Hello, thanks for the response.

My Canadian Citizenship Cert. is only first name and last name displayed. So with my PR in the past. My old Philippine PP has first name, mother’s maiden name and last name displayed. My other supporting IDs from Canada I used has the same info like my old Philippine PP.
Yes, I would like to correct it as I’m also planning to apply a Philippine PP and worried it’ll cause an issue that my Canadian PP has no mothers maiden name displayed while my old Philippine PP has it all. And if I’ll do for the reason that all of them look identical then I have to correct my Canadian Cert as well.

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
The easiest would be to keep all documents the way they are now. Even if you don't have your middle name/mother's maiden name on your Canadian passport and citizenship certificate, it's obvious that all these documents belong to the same person.

Does your mother's maiden name appear in the machine readable zone (MRZ) at the bottom ot the bio page in your passport from the Philippines? If so, then IRCC made no mistake.

If you want to change your citizenship certificate, IRCC can only do that if they made a mistake when granting you permanent residence. Otherwise you will have to contact the authority in your province for a name change application (usually that's the Office of Registrar General or the Vital Statistics Office in most provinces or the Directeur de l'etat civil in Quebec)

Reactions: meyoutogether143

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
The easiest would be to keep all documents the way they are now. Even if you don't have your middle name/mother's maiden name on your Canadian passport and citizenship certificate, it's obvious that all these documents belong to the same person.

Does your mother's maiden name appear in the machine readable zone (MRZ) at the bottom ot the bio page in your passport from the Philippines? If so, then IRCC made no mistake.

If you want to change your citizenship certificate, IRCC can only do that if they made a mistake when granting you permanent residence. Otherwise you will have to contact the authority in your province for a name change application (usually that's the Office of Registrar General or the Vital Statistics Office in most provinces or the Directeur de l'etat civil in Quebec)
Thanks for the clarification and your time. Yes my mother’s maiden name appeared at the bottom page of my old Philippine Passport. Looking at my stuff everything are in there except my Canadian citizenship cert. and Canadian PP that has no middle names or mother maiden name displayed.
I appreciated your help. Have a good day!

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
If it's in the machine readable zone (MRZ) of the passport you used to apply for permanent residence, then you should contact IRCC with a correction request if you want it changed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

If IRCC agrees it made a mistakr and once the information on your CoPR has been changed, you can apply for a new citizenship certificate.

Reactions: meyoutogether143

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
If it's in the machine readable zone (MRZ) of the passport you used to apply for permanent residence, then you should contact IRCC with a correction request if you want it changed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

If IRCC agrees it made a mistakr and once the information on your CoPR has been changed, you can apply for a new citizenship certificate.
If not changing anything on my certificate and Canadian PP, would I be able to apply for Philippine passport base on the old Philippine PP information? Because the only missing is my middle name on Canadian PP and certificate w/c is my mother maiden name the rest are fine.